Best Lines from Drake vs. Pusha T

The 6 Best Lines From The Pusha T and Drake Beef

Pusha T vs. Drake is here. And shots have been fired.

226
Drake, Pusha T
By The Come Up Show from Canada (Jorja Smith & Drake) [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Two rap giants going head to head. An illegitimate child. Kanye's financial woes. This beef is deep. If you haven't been following the beef between Drake and Pusha T, you're missing out on some serious rap drama.

First some background. This explosion of diss tracks follows the release of Pusha T's latest album, DAYTONA. The last song on the brief album, "Infrared," shades Drake for his alleged use of "ghostwriters" (people who write his songs for him, but give him the credit).

Drake responded just hours later with the fiery "Duppy Freestyle". The promptness of his response left many in awe, and he landed some pretty hard blows on Pusha T and Kanye West, who produced all of DAYTONA. Days after the release of "Duppy Freestyle," Pusha T fired back with the jaw-dropping track "The Story of Adidon", accompanied by a picture of Drake in blackface and wearing a Jim Crow t-shirt.

Now that we're all filled in, here are 10 of the best lines from these tracks.

"You are hiding a child, let that boy come home. Deadbeat mother****** playing border control"-Pusha T

Pusha T? More like Pusha TMZ am I right? I'm sorry. Anyways, with this line, Pusha T outs the existence of Drake's son, who lives in France with his mother, adult film star Sophie Brussaux. "Playing border control" refers to Drake not allowing the two to move to North America, where Drake would likely have to be more involved with the responsibilities of having a child.

"Father had to stretch out his hands and get it from me"-Drake

Here Drake tells the world how he has helped Kanye West, who produced Pusha T's album. He accuses Pusha T of hypocrisy for criticizing Drake for his use of writing help, as he helped Kanye with his songs "30 Hours" and "Father Stretch My Hands," the latter of which Drake references in this bar. He also alludes to the financial help he gave to Kanye, who asked for donations in 2016 after going into debt $57 million.

"How dare you put Ye in my verses? I'm selfish. I want all of the curses"-Pusha T

Pusha T responds to the Drake line above, cleverly saying that Kanye has nothing to do with this beef. This is between Pusha T and Drake.

"Don't push me when I'm in album mode. You're not even top 5 as far as your label talent goes"-Drake

Drake takes a shot at Pusha T by saying he's not top 5 in his label, G.O.O.D Music, of which Pusha T is President. It's a savage shot, but probably not a factual one. Pusha T is pretty easily top 3, along with Kanye and Big Sean. Either way, this is a nasty line.

"Adonis is your son. And he deserves more than an Adidas press run"-Pusha T

It's rumored that Drake has a deal with Adidas to design his own line of apparel, which is rumored to be called Adidon, a name based on Drake's son's name, Adonis. Here Pusha T throws shade at Drake for not being a father to his son but using him for publicity to sell clothing. It's a personal shot at Drake.

"Marriage is somethin' that Sandi never had, Drake. How you a winner but she keep comin' in last place?"-Pusha T

Pusha T takes more personal shots at Drake, criticizing him of not taking care of his family (Sandi refers to Drake's mother) even though he has more than enough money and power to do so. The first part of the line talks about marriage, a response to Drake's namedropping of Pusha T's fiancé Virginia Williams in "Duppy Freestyle".

It is clear, in my opinion, that Pusha T won this beef, although it's not over. Pusha T made it personal. Many of Drake's bars referred to music or money or fame. But Pusha T talks about being a good person. He acknowledges the fact that he's the villain in many people's eyes, and embraces it. By the end, however, Drake looks like the villain.

I honestly believe that Pusha T is trying to stir up such a controversy that Adidas cancels Drake's line. He paints Drake as someone who is woefully ignorant (releasing the picture of Drake in blackface, which caused Drake to release a statement) and who is, frankly, not the model human being that many thought he was.

Regardless, I can't wait for the ensuing tracks between the two and to see how this beef concludes.