Dragon Champion-Prologue

Dragon Champion-Prologue

Only when the true king is found will dragon's take flight once more.

56
Dragon Champion-Prologue

Sebastian was his name. He was the only golden dragon in existence and that alone made him special. He was also the oldest and wisest of all the dragons and had been elected to be the king. He ruled the dragon shifter clans for several thousand years, but then five hundred years ago, everything changed.

Maximus, the first labeled traitor of the dragons though himself fit to rule. He felt that the current way the dragons were divided up was not working. See, Maximus wanted to divide the dragon world by the color of their scales. Depending upon their colors would determine where they fell within the ranking of their citizenships and their roles within society. Those the colors he felt were undesirable would be the lowest of the ranks.

It was on this issue that Sebastian and Maximus disagreed. Sebastian had believed that every dragon should have the right to choose their role in life. From servant to the knight and beyond. It was also this belief that would tip the scales and turn the tide of the lives of the dragons.

Being the oldest and wisest, Sebastian was also the strongest. To a point. Maximus had followers behind and together they found a way to strike a fatal blow to the dragon king. As he lay dying at the hands of his own brother, Sebastian laid out a prophecy. Through Maximus’ actions the world of the dragon shifters would change, but he would return.

One day, a golden dragon would be born and only when paired with a human born of two dragon parents but knew nothing about their origins. This hybrid would bring out the golden dragon in the shifter that couldn’t change. Together they will rule and bring harmony back to the world of the dragon clans.

In the time when the race of dragons is at it weakest when the Dragonborn is no longer the same as their parents, he will arise. Only with the king's revival will the world know peace. Only then will the dragon's rule the skies once more. Take flight