Draft Colin Sexton

5 teams that should draft colin sexton

Where will young bull begin his NBA career this Thursday?

66

Colin Sexton has left a huge mark on Alabama basketball. He led the crimson tide to it's first NCAA tournament appearance since 2012. He was the SEC freshman of the year, second team all-conference an honorable mention for the All American team. Now, Sexton wishes to continue his basketball career in the NBA.

Although he is likely not to be picked within the top three, these are the teams where he fits best.

Orlando Magic at #6

c1.staticflickr.com

After trading Elfrid Payton at the deadline this past season the Magic are looking for a new floor general. Sexton would add to an already promising young core along with Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac. He would also add as a nice compliment to his other back court mate Evan Fournier. Fournier is much more perimeter oriented player and Sexton will be able to compensate for the lack of inside scoring from their guards.

Chicago Bulls at #7

c1.staticflickr.com

At this point the Bulls just need as much guard help as they can get. After striking out on Denzel Valentine and Zach Lavine possibly leaving in free agency Chicago seems to be in a bit of trouble. Kris Dunn being ranked as the worst starting point guard in the entire NBA last year also doesn't help. The Bulls literally can't get worse than that at the guard spot and Sexton can be the first step to getting back to the glory days.

Cleveland Cavaliers at #8

c1.staticflickr.com

LeBron James is thinking about leaving again with the main reasons being the lack of talent and work load. Sexton would probably be the only player on the board at this point who may be able to have James give the Cavs another look. He carried the offensive load nearly the entire season for the Crimson Tide, so he may be able to fill the void that Kyrie Irving left when he was traded. It might be unlikely that a 20-year-old would be able to keep James home, but even if he leaves, the Cavaliers are left with the new face of their franchise.

Charlotte Hornets at #11

c1.staticflickr.com

The Hornets already flirted with a complete roster over turn when they put their best player, Kemba Walker on the trade block last season. Even though they weren't able to move Walker it doesn't mean that Charlotte isn't ready to move on. Walker is 28 years old and will be a free agent after this season. So why not draft his inevitable replacement in Sexton who already draws comparisons to Walker. Both are explosive and have high motors on both ends of the court. In time Sexton could prove to maybe be an upgrade over Walker.

Los Angeles Clippers at #12 or #13

c1.staticflickr.com

The Clippers have the luxury of having back to back picks in the draft. And if Sexton is still around at pick 12 or 13 that would be the steal of the draft. LA is in dire need of a new point guard after trading away Chris Paul last offseason, and there would be no better way to replace him with one of the best in the draft class. Along with these draft picks the Clippers will also have a ton of cap space to sign free agents. With luck, this could be the beginning of a quick rebuild for the second LA basketball team.