Dr. Maria Luong, Cosmetic and General Dentist in Florida, Discusses 4 Excellent Reasons to Choose Teeth Whitening

4 Excellent Reasons to Choose Teeth Whitening

3

Dr. Maria Luong of Serenity Dentistry Spa knows that a dazzling smile straight out of Hollywood may be a step too far for most, but there's no doubt that many people would like their teeth to be a shade or two whiter. However, seeking professional whitening treatment from your dentist has nothing to do with vanity. Having whiter teeth has many solid benefits beyond being more satisfied with the way you look in the mirror.

Improved Self Confidence

Unfortunate as it may be, many people instinctively base their first impressions of a person on their appearance. People with stained teeth are very aware of this, and it's hard to feel confident when you know everyone you meet is trying not to focus on your smile. These negative feelings can easily spread into other areas of your life, while whitening will give your self-esteem a considerable boost.

Influencing Others' Opinions

However, sometimes making a good impression is about more than manners and feeling good. Like it or not, in situations such as a job interview, every little detail can count. While stained teeth should have absolutely no bearing on your suitability for a dream job, in the real world you'll want to remove every possible obstacle to succeed. A whiter smile is one more factor in your favor.

Better Oral Health

Whiter teeth aren't just about looks, either. If you're unhappy with your smile, you'll probably avoid thinking too much about your teeth, and this often leads to taking less care of them than you should. Getting a whiter smile will encourage you to pay more attention to your oral health, so you'll need less dental treatment in the future.

Smiling Builds Happiness

Lastly, if you're afraid of showing your teeth in public, you'll feel inhibited from smiling. This can easily drag your mood down over time. In contrast, when you're thrilled to be flashing your new smile, it'll become more of a habit and you'll actually feel happier as a result.

For all of these reasons, whitening is an excellent idea if you're dissatisfied with your stained teeth. However, don't be tempted to take a shortcut. Online whitening kits are of uncertain quality. Some might be an ineffective waste of money, while others can actually be dangerous. If you're interested in gaining a brighter smile, speak to your dentist to see which effective treatments are good for you.

About: Dr. Maria Luongpractices cosmetic and general dentistry in Florida and opened her practice, Serenity Dentistry Spa, to provide stellar treatment to rejuvenate patients' smiles in a relaxing environment. From using the most modern, innovating technology, Dr. Luong achieves the highest standards in comprehensive care for her patients. Dr. Luong makes sure to live a balanced lifestyle, always finding time to spend with her family and friends.