Double Standards Need To Stop

Double Standards Need To Stop

It's the 21st century yet we still feel the need to honestly bash women for certain decisions that we praise men for.

24
Double Standards Need To Stop
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-white-high-top-shoes-1021145/

Let me start by saying that women should not be held to this unreasonable standard that we are held at. Why is it that men can get away with many things that women can't? I just really want to know what the difference is and why this is the social norm.

I will never understand how many men get praised for being disrespectful to women and not treating them the way they should, but if a girl does the same thing it's a completely different story. It's like we've taken many steps forward for women in the past but yet it still feels like we aren't really seen at the same level as men in many ways.

Tell me why it's okay for men to rate women on their looks but if women do it to men it's seen as "unlade-like" or makes them seem lesser. It's completely unreasonable. If a women can't say it, then a man shouldn't be allowed to either. It goes both ways and I think a lot of people tend to completely overlook that.

We as a society just hold women to this extremely weird standard. Fraternities can throw typical college parties but if sororities did that, they would completely tarnish their name. How in the world is that fair?

You can't just expect women to be perfect little angels who wait around for men to act their age. No, it doesn't work that way. We can also have our time to live our life. We are not perfect and that's okay. The disrespect has got to stop.