Dorm Versus Apartment

Dorm Versus Apartment

There are some differences you will love!

1
Dorm Versus Apartment

This is my first year living in an apartment that's part of college property and I love it! There are some differences that you can get used to real quick!

1. You have your own room.

This is one thing I was really looking forward to; having my own room equals more privacy. Need a place to cry in private? How about a place to play some tunes when your roommates are asleep (as long as you still keep it down)? Wait until you get an apartment! But the room's still kind of a small space so you still need to make sure it's tidy or the whole room will look messy.

2. You don't have to share the kitchen with your entire floor.

Another thing I was looking forward to! Everyone remembers what it was like going to the hall kitchen and there'd already be a lot of people there. Well, not anymore! You get a kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher, oven, and refrigerator. You can fill the place up with whatever you want! Also, you can cook/bake whatever you want, whenever you want!

3. You only have to share a bathroom with ONE other person.

It's a whole lot easier to share a bathroom with one person rather than (at least) three, especially when it comes to the shower.

4. Two keys: One for the apartment, one for your room.

An extra security measure you could say, whether you're leaving for break, or just leaving for class with someone in the apartment. That way you have little-to-no chance of someone going into your room and stealing stuff.

5. Different bed size.

Dorms just have a twin size bed but apartments have at least a full size bed, a bigger space just for you!

There's a lot to love about having an apartment. Also, this isn't listed but worth mentioning: having an apartment just gives you more of a sense of freedom! Dorms have all these restrictions and, while apartments have some too, there's definitely more allowed there than in a dorm room.