10 Places To Shop To Decorate Your First Dorm Room
Shopping

10 Stores Where Incoming College Kids Can Pick Up ALL Of Their Dorm Room Essentials

Saving a dime while dorm shopping.

147
Filling dorm rooms can be challenging but going to the right stores makes it easy.

As college gets closer and closer picking out what you are going to need in your dorm becomes a major challenge. Knowing where to start is a challenge within itself. Look at some of these websites to help you find exactly what you need to make your dorm your home away from home.

Ikea

Ikea is ideal for filling apartments and finding small things for your dorm room. They have low cost furniture and little things that you may for get you needed. Anything you need to fill your apartment can be found at Ikea. From spatulas to TV stands there's a good chance that they have what you need.

Target

Flickr Creative Commons

Sometimes going into Target can be overwhelming. This superstore has a variety of different things that will be perfect for your dorm. Toiletries, food, furniture, decor, cooking supplies and everything in between. Also Target offers 15% off of "college must haves" and allows you to purchase items online then pick them up at a local store. Which makes it easy for students going far from home.

Dormco

Dormco is a website strictly designated to dorm rooms. There are tons of different options to choose from and will allow you to pick out something that suits your taste. There are even things that you didn't even know you needed. Like who would have thought of a cooking caddy that goes on the fridge but it appears to be very useful.

Amazon

Flickr Creative Commons

Amazon is now the go to place for just about anything including college stuff. The amount of things to choose from is endless so if there is something specific that you are looking for this is the place to go. If amazon doesn't have what you are looking for there's a good chance that no one does.

CORT Furniture

CORT Furniture is a little different because it actually allows you to rent furniture. So if you are looking for fill your apartment and to save a dollar this is the website for you. They have many different furniture options so you're still able to style you're room just the way you want.

One Way Furniture

One Way Furniture is great for college students because it offers free shipping. My college students are trying to save money and this website is a great way to do it. It offers discounted prices on furniture and free shipping so it's a great way to save some money.

Wayfair

Wayfair is good for getting high quality furniture for discounted prices. They have many different kinds of furniture to choose from and because the furniture is good quality it will last a long time and will allow you to bring it with you after you move out of the dorm and possibly into your first apartment.

Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond is great for college shopping because it has hundreds of items to choose from but also has helpful ways to make the process easier. One option is you can shop at your local store then pick up the items you bought at a store close to your school. They also offer an expert that can help you shop for what you need for free. You can also by items online and they will send them to a Bed Bath and Beyond close to your school.

Crate and Barrel

Crate and Barrel may be a little on the pricey side but items they have for college students are high quality and stylish. For those looking to create a stylish dorm or apartment and want to keep their furniture after they semester this is great for you.

PB Teen

PB Teen has a page one their website that is called PBdorm. It has items for dorms only and has tons of different categories and options. This website is good if you are not sure what you are looking for because it can help you pick out things that you might have been forgetting.