7 Reasons Why Donuts are the New Obsession

Have you ever turned down a donut? I didn't think so.
3722

More and more everyday, I feel like donuts are becoming America's new obsession. It isn't just about the classic glazed ones from Dunkin' Donuts or Krispy Kreme that you grew up with, it's starting to have the same hype as frozen yogurt shops, which became mega popular almost overnight.

But why the recent obsession?

Because donuts are circles of happiness, duh. It's like a never ending sugary path of adventure and every bite makes you feel alive inside. It's not just about that chocolate glaze or pink frosting with sprinkles, people. Things you never thought could go on a donut are now putting a whole new twist on a doughy sensation. Like cereal? It's probably on a donut. Like Twix? That's also probably on a donut. The world is defying the donuts we know and love, and we are not complaining.

Besides the fact that donuts aren't particularly good for you, they are good for your soul. Tell me about a time someone offered you a donut and you said no? Yeah, that's what I thought. How many times have you woken up and craved a donut? Too many, honestly. Here's some logic behind why you can't say no to these little pieces of heaven:

1. You can eat them for breakfast and dessert (or really any time)! If that isn't the coolest thing ever, then I'm not sure about most things in life.

2. You can get them for pretty cheap. Most donuts are maybe fifty cents or a dollar, maybe a couple dollars max. Sugary treats for a good price? I'll take 10!!!

3. Buying coffee is a good excuse for adding a donut to your order. "I'll take a caramel mocha, and you can throw in a chocolate donut too, actually." It's so easy.

4. They are very accessible. There are so many places you can find a donut. Gas stations, grocery stores, coffee shops, donut shops, probably in your office at work, in your kitchen... Endless options, really.

5. They are a great conversation starter. "Oh you like pink frosting with sprinkles too? Omg, let's be friends!" Don't act like this has never happened to you.

6. Like surprises? You can get filled donuts! For the adventurous type, you can buy donuts that have yummy cream or jelly filling inside, as if the dough wasn't already on point!

7. There is no such thing as a bad donut. It's like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Well, there you have it. Donuts have so much to offer us. The world is round and so are donuts so let's all celebrate life and chow down on some sugar circles. Now excuse me as I finish this real quick. I'm going to go eat a donut. ;-)