Stop Wishing Away Precious Time And Live In The Moment

I do not say this lightly, STOP WISHING YOUR LIFE AWAY!

95

"Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for things to happen and make the most of the moment you're in now."

We're all guilty of it, saying I can't wait for Friday to get here. Such a simple statement which a much bigger consequences. Let me break it down for you. You're so fixated on Friday to get here that you forget to appreciate the little things that occur during the week. You discount them because they may seem insignificant compared to the big plans you have waiting for you at the end of the week.

This is then translated into bigger things, like if I can just make it through this week then next week I get to go do something, or I get paid again and so on. Then it turns into months, nothing exciting happens in January, but in February we have Valentines day etc.

However, it doesn't stop there. Myself personally I have always said that I "couldn't wait" to graduate college, start my career, find the love of my life, and live happily ever after. Being a sophomore in college, that would mean I'm literally wishing away an entire part of my life because I think I'm ready for the next step.

Today's societal norm is very fast paced. We're competitive in many different ways, never content, always searching for the next best thing. This translates into the way we look at our lives. We aren't happy with the mundane things that are present in our lives so we wish them away.

The kicker here is that time wished away, is time that you cannot get back... ever. We are given one life to live. When I look back I'd hate to see that I wished it all away, or that I didn't enjoy the best days of my life because I was too busy looking forward to something else.

So please hear my warning, enjoy the little things. The everyday things like laughing with your friends, inside jokes, the conversations with your best friends, living close to your friends, life talks with your college instructors, or your parents and so on. Eventually you will look back and realize that those little things you took for granted were the big important things.