Why I Won't Let Guys Waste My Time

Guys, I'm A Busy Woman, So If I Make Time For You, Don't Take It For Granted

I have priorities first.

212
Lexi Schroeder

When I say I'm a busy person... I'm a busy person.

I'm a junior in college and maintain three jobs while being a full-time student. Don't ask me how, because sometimes I really don't know how I do it either. I am an adult, after all, I have bills and other necessities I need to take care of before other things.

During all this, I've pretty much stayed single. I've had a few flings here and there, but nothing where it felt like the real deal. I've been single for almost a year and in all honesty, it's been a little weird.

This is the longest I've been single in five years... but I do have to say it's been quite a relief. I haven't had to put any of my time into someone else, I get to put it all into my success and my future.

Although being 21 years old comes with a lot of pressure to find someone who I could potentially settle down with, I feel like everywhere I look people my age are moving in together or getting engaged.

Being single during this time of my life has changed my perspective on what I deserve. And I've come to the realization that if someone truly wants to be with me... they'll make time for me and put effort into it as I do if they want something real. There have been countless times where I have put my all into someone and I've gotten nothing in return... and it comes back to haunt me with heartbreak.

I'm a busy woman and that's because I know I'm going to be successful after college and if a guy wants to take advantage of my spare time, I don't want him.

I want someone who is as ambitious as me and understands the concept of how precious time is, especially during a time like this.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.