I Don't Want My Big To Graduate Yet

I Don't Want My Big To Graduate Yet

I'm not ready to see you go, move away, and do amazing stuff.

11
I Don't Want My Big To Graduate Yet
Jordana Marcus

Here's to you big,

It was clear to me since day one that you were the perfect big for me. Every day since you have continued to show me exactly why I thought that.

It was mostly because you are better than everyone else.

Why?

You are straightforward.

Sure, we ranked each other one based on some goofy conversations about potatoes and my favorite color but then you brought me along to our now, not-so-favorite fraternity and did not question my lack of participation in the festivities. You told me heels were important and that your beverage of choice is the only right way. Then when I got a little reckless, you did not baby me. You told me “I never want to see you like that again.” But, when you saw me like that again, you did not hold it against me. You cut 600 pages in half for me. You helped picked my outfits and told me what you thought of boys while still supporting every decision I made for myself. You gave me shit when I needed it for sleeping too much. I can count on one hand the number of times we have hugged and that makes me happy.

1. Big/little reveal when it would’ve been weird not to

2. Recruitment when I was stressed out of my mind and you were my rock

3. Formal last year

4. When I read a short version of this at your wills

We just aren’t affectionate but just so you know, I love you and couldn’t have been happier to have you as my big. If there’s anything I’m absolutely sure of it’s that you will do amazing things and impact everyone you meet positively.

You are tolerant, kind, and even forgiving.

I think people underestimate you sometimes in this department. However, as most of us have now seen and some even struggled to understand, resentment and anger are emotions that just are not worth the energy. This is a lesson I learned from you. When someone threw you shade for always looking your best for class you laughed it off because that is a ridiculous thing to hate on. When you boyfriend, who you had no idea you had for two years, ended thing you again laughed it off because what even? You let me make mistakes and accepted my apology when I realized how dumb I had been. You gave your all to making this house better even when it wasn't a fun space for you. If there is one woman in this house that we should all look up to for the way she handles her mistakes and has grown individually during her time here, it is you.

You're actually pretty funny.

Do I have time to rehash the details of all the fun times with you in the house? No, so here's a reminder just for you.

Club original. Barbie Youtube show. Endless gifs. Cowfit. Making sandwiches. Curbing a rental car. Wabash and pulling a muscle. A-B-B-Y. From Meatball interrupts the day to a year later when Meatball saves the day. We're playing Magic Tricks! How much was this banner? Anybody, come'on just guess! Camp Gphi anticipation posts. Pep Squad. GP with our fav and 9 am breakfast all week. My 600 lb life. Any and all conversations in the baby bum.

Big, I'm not ready to see you go, move away, and do amazing stuff. I'm ecstatic that you've paved the way for yourself but I certainly wish you could stay just a little bit longer! I know I'm not the most sentimental but without you, my time here would have been drastically different! Keep in touch and show up to alumnae day!

Love in IIKE,

Your Little