You Have To Live Your Life While You Still Can

Don't wait until tomorrow to live your life. Live today!

111
Anna Kayser

You hear it all the time.

"I can't wait to grow up!" "I can't wait until I'm an adult!" "I'll be happy once I've settled down".

Everyone is so eager to grow up. To escape the present and live in the fantasy that exists in some far off place in the future.

I'm here to tell you to STOP! Don't get me wrong, it's completely okay to imagine a future for your self. I do it too. I plan and plan and think about where I want to be in 5, 10, 15 years. However, I don't let my aspirations be the sole source of joy in my life.

If you continue to wait for the future, you will miss out on what is available in the present. We have all of these precious moments right now, right in front of us that are here, waiting to be enjoyed. Don't take them for granted! You can find happiness and fulfillment in your life right now if you dare to be content with what you have in the present. Be grateful for the time you have now, the opportunities that are right in front of you, and the love and relationships that you have in the present. Life isn't easy, and things will be hard at times. But, no matter what, this life that we have is beautiful and rare and has been granted to us by some stroke of luck. We could have been ants or ladybugs, but instead, we are US. We are capable of loving and living and feeling joy and this in itself is all the reason to exist with all of our being.

Realize the life you live while you are living it. Relish in the extraordinary but also find peace in the ordinary.

Growing up is for losers. Being sly and coy about the beauty of life is also for losers.

Be unapologetic in your lust for life and show enthusiasm about everything, even the blue sky no matter how many times you've seen it. Live your life right now, and find happiness in everything that you possibly can.

When you are old and wrinkly, you will want to look back and be able to be certain that you have done all that you can to make a beautiful life for yourself. You want to be able to tell your grandchildren that you took risks when you were young, and you were happy and blissful and felt like nothing could get in your way. Start your story now. Collect your memories now. Stop waiting.