Don't Wait For A New Year To Make Resolutions
New Year

Each Day Can Be Your 'New Year,' Stop Waiting To Better Yourself

Why wait?

21

Now that we are a few days into the new year, school has officially resumed. Today on campus, there were a few people taking photos of students with a whiteboard with their New Year's Resolution written on it. I did the whiteboard photo, but it made me really think.

"On New Year's Eve, the whole world celebrates the fact that a date changes. Let us celebrate the dates on which we change the world." — Akilnathan Logeswaran

While having the new year is a great way to remind yourself to do better and start fresh, I want to remind each of you reading this article that you don't have to wait an entire year to start a new goal or to get something accomplished that you had been trying to for a while.

Each day is a new start. Each day is a new day. You don't have to wait to start over, begin again, or set a goal. There is no set day or time that you have to wait to make your resolutions.

Resolutions are great at any point in the year, not just on New Year's Day. The following quote was about New Years and the affirmations and goals we want, but I think at any point, we can sit down and self-reflect on these topics and others. Stop waiting for the "perfect time" and just do it.

"What would you like to have happen in your life this year? What would you like to do, to accomplish? What good would you like to attract into your life? What particular areas of growth would you like to have happen to you? What blocks, or character defects, would you like to have removed? What would you like to attain? Little things and big things? Where would you like to go? What would you like to have happen in friendship and love? What would you like to have happen in your family life? What problems would you like to see solved? What decisions would you like to make? What would you like to happen in your career? Write it down." — Melody Beattie