Why Your Siblings Are Addicted To 'Fortnite'

I'm Not Saying 'Fortnite' Is Stupid, But I Don't Get Why My Siblings LOVE It

Do I just not understand the interest of running around in a game that is always the same no matter how many times you play it?

263

So, if you have young siblings like I do, then you might've heard of the game "Fortnite." If your siblings are like mine, then they must play it all the time, nonstop.

Now I'm not going to say that it's stupid — maybe it is — but I have to remind your readers that I have played it once.

When I played it, I just kind of ran around in circles and chopped down trees and built houses. I like that part of the game, I liked building things and then trying to swim in the ponds, but other than that I don't understand it.

Now if you've read a few of my articles, then you would know I don't really fit in with my siblings and I don't usually understand what they're saying. I was wondering if the same thing was happening with "Fortnite." Do I just not understand the interest of running around in a game that is always the same no matter how many times you play it?

Or that the point of the game is not to die? And you can talk to the people you are playing against? And can play on a team with other people not trying to die from a "storm?"

I don't understand the storm, what is it? What's in it? Why does it kill you? Has anyone ever survived it?

You know whenever they put out a video game that it semi-realistic and uses human people as the characters, I always wonder where these video game makers come up with these ideas. I wonder if it's like in TV shows where a geek is shown in his mother's basement.

I wonder if they think that one day this will happen and there will be limited resources for us to survive on. That would actually make a good video game that would be very educational.

That would be the one video game I would actually play.

If you think about it, where did these video game makers come up with the idea that you can beat down a tree and just have all of this wood to build a house? First, that's unrealistic because it takes a long time to both of those and second, a single person can't do that all by themselves.

I also don't think that these people jumping out of a plane have been trained at all and have you seen what they wear? The skimpy dresses (the girls are the free ones according to my brothers), the women running in high heels and the men in total combat gear. That itself is confusing.

In my brother's words, "It is fun when a group of people get together and try to kill each other [in 'Fortnite']."

He is very excited that I am writing about his favorite game and that saying in the sentence before is the reason why he enjoys playing "Fortnite." There are apparently different strategies that you can use to win the game, but the likeliness of you winning this game is not very high.

I do know that there is always someone out to kill you and the smaller the "storm" gets the more difficult it is to win. The one time I played this game, I came in eighteenth place which I only got because I played in a field.

If that doesn't explain this game, I don't know what will.