Keep Calm And Don't Text Your Ex

Keep Calm And Don't Text Your Ex

We all have our moments of weaknesses but stay strong and no matter what, don't give in!

85

So I'm sure we have all been there (or at least the majority of us). It doesn't matter how it went down, maybe you ended on friendly times and maybe you ended on bad terms, but in the end, we all have points here and there where we miss our exes. Call it whatever you want, a moment of weakness, a breakdown, or simply put, you just miss him/her.

The most important thing to remember, in order to keep yourself from giving in, is to understand that you broke up for a reason. Think about your actions, do you really want them back in your life or do you just feel lonely? And if you really want them back in your life, think about the pros and cons. Is it a good idea? Think about why you broke up in the first place! Did you have an argument and in your moment of anger, one of you threw a break up out there? Did you break up because a series of past events began adding up? Maybe you couldn't take any more?

In the end, it is important to think everything out. What do you gain from texting your ex? What would you say? What would he/she say? Will it cause another fight? Will it make things worse? Will things get better?

The worst part about any relationship is the unknown. It causes anxiety and puts us on edge. We question what we do, what we did, and anything in between. You need to consider every aspect. Everyone has a moment of weakness. Everyone gets lonely. Perhaps you were in a relationship with your previous significant other for a period of years and being single scares you. Maybe putting yourself back into the game terrifies you. However, that fear and anxiety should not drive you back to your previous relationship. Don't let it control your life!

There are so many tactics you can utilize to refrain from texting your ex. There are so many things you can do to remain strong.

Some examples include removing them from social media! Don't let them follow you and you definitely should not follow them. This might result in obsessive behavior! You might check their profile for a second, scrutinize everything they post, question yourself and them, wonder why they didn't like the picture you posted... the list goes on and on. Worse comes to worse, block them! Do whatever you have to do to get over your ex and remain strong.

Additionally, keep yourself busy. Stay on top of your feelings and yourself. Let's say you're laying and bed and you're sad because you miss them. Do yourself a favor and get out of bed! Don't torture yourself. Don't let them have any power over you. Keep yourself busy, and by busy, I mean hang out with some friends, watch a movie, read a book, go for a run, or play a game. There are so many options.

No matter what happens and no matter what the situation is, stay strong. Love yourself and know what you need. If you can't decide, maybe make a pros and cons list to weigh your options. Always do what is best for you and not what you think other people want.