Don't Take Your Family For Granted

Don't Take Your Family For Granted

Family is your backbone and are always your biggest supporters, don't lose sight of that.

802
Don't Take Your Family For Granted
Gabrielle Dawe

Family is family. We fight, argue, joke, and have the unforgettable memories with our family members. It is the place where you come home every day and are surrounded by constant love and it will be the strongest support system you will ever have. It is a place where you gain your sense of what is right and wrong. It is where the roots of our lives begin. The most beautiful thing is that we do not get to "choose" the family that we are born into. With that, all families will go through the most unforgettable times together, and with deal with struggles as well, and that is okay. My family is probably one of the craziest, dysfunctional, and most down to earth people with HUGE hearts you will ever meet. We are all so unique and different, but what brings us together is that we always go out of our way to help others. People come in and go out of our lives every day, but our family is always there no matter what mistake or accomplishment we make. Remember to thank your parents and guardians for always pushing you to do your best and for always providing you and your siblings with experiences that they didn't necessarily have as kids.

So, to my family. You have taught me more than you can ever imagine. Thank you for always dealing with my "craziness" and constant daily worries. You guys are all truly the best for that. Thank you all for giving me that impact that I hope my own family can be like one day and relate to. Having such a close trustworthy bond where I can go to each family member for something different is truly inspiring. I have no idea where I would be without the most loving and caring group of people I get to come home to every day. You tell me the cold hearted truth when I do not want to hear it, and always look out for my future in the best ways possible. You help me set standards on what I deserve and that you should never ever give up on your dreams. To always, push harder and that failure IS okay. That failure is the self-determination that keeps you fighting and really pushes you to where you want to be in life. Thank you for always dropping everything in the world whenever I need you guys for something. I appreciate that more than you ever know because I know many people's families do not necessarily do that for them.

Cherish your family while you are young, because once you get older life gets more busy and crazier. We all grow in different directions and branches, but our roots single-handedly come back to one tree at the end of the day.