Pack Like A Pro

Pack Like A Pro

Help with easing your worries before your trip

13
Pack Like A Pro
Blog.zola.com

If you're like me, you probably have trouble figuring out what to pack for a trip. Especially during the holidays, people are traveling to see their families, but regardless of where your going or for what reason you need to figure out what you want to take. Usually, it's a matter of limiting yourself so that you don't just take your entire room with you. Here are some tips for packing.

Make a list. The most important thing of all. Here are some things almost everyone forgets from time to time. They seem so simple and necessary, but sometimes we forget the basics.

Underwear or socks

Deodorant

Toothbrush

Contacts

Something for the drive/plane ride (take some music and headphones or something to color, whatever you want to pass time)

A water bottle (necessary because traveling really gets you dehydrated)

A travel pillow or blanket

Next, you want to limit yourself to only what you need. Girls, you don't need to take every makeup item you own, just in case you need to do an emergency smoky eye. Take what you would wear for your normal routine and try to compact everything into one bag to take up less space. When you're picking out clothing, find out if the place you are going will have a washer and dryer, otherwise you might want to pick out your outfits there and then. Often for me, I just pick out clothing that I can mix and match because I choose my outfits depending on the day and my mood. Only take enough for one outfit for everyday to are going, and remember, it's not a sin to wear your jeans twice. Maybe take an extra pair of underwear for an emergency, but other than that, don't pack more "just in case" because you probably won't end up wearing it. Also, don't forget to check the weather for where you are going and dress accordingly.

Another tip is to consolidate everything to as small as you can to take up the least amount of space. I've heard tips such as rolling your clothes to make it fit better, but look for gaps to stick stuff in order to make the most out of the space in your bag. Don't forget to save a little extra room for the things you might buy while on vacation like souvenirs or gifts.

Hopefully this helped. Stay safe and enjoy your travels!