'Don't Put That In Your Mouth' And 8 Other Things We Have To Tell Anyone Under The Age Of 10

Looking after children is super hard work that is often overlooked.

379

Whether it be babysitting, camp counseling, or just looking after a family friend, we've all had to teach a little kid about what is okay and what is definitely not okay. Whether the child chooses to listen...well, that's for another day and another article.

1. Wash your hands!

Easier said than done. Kids seem to see nothing wrong with going to the bathroom, pulling their pants kind of up, and then leaving. Which leads me to...

2. Flush the toilet!

No one wants to see your gigantic poops, kid. Side note: how can such a small person cause so much massive destruction in the bathroom?

3. For the love of god eat this, please!

Is it that hard to put this pea in your mouth? Or this grape? CAN YOU PLEASE PUT SOMETHING IN YOUR BODY FOR ONCE THAT ISN'T A SLICE OF CRAPPY PIZZA OR ANNIE'S MAC AND CHEESE?

4. Don't touch that!

The amount of times a kid wants to touch something that will ultimately hurt them is extraordinary.

5. Put some clothes on for once we are going out in public!

Please. It's snowing out.

6. Be gentle with that animal!

That pigeon/dog/cat does not want to be screamed at and chased after, sweet child. Also, it does not want to be pet. Like at all.

7. No whining!

Because if you whine for long enough, I will get so tired that I will have to give in, and I don't wanna do that.

8. Sleep when it's sleep time!

Contrary to popular belief, bedtime is not for jumping crazily all over the bed and screaming at the top of your lungs. And finally...

9. THE BATHTUB IS NOT A TOILET. I REPEAT. THE BATHTUB IS NOT A TOILET.

She cries out into the void, wondering if she will ever be heard.

Looking after children is super hard work that is often overlooked. So at the end of the night, if the child is safely in bed and hasn't burned his hand off, it's time to TREAT YO SELF! You deserve it.