Don't Miss Out On The Tiny Things

Don't Miss Out On The Tiny Things

“Some days you’ll feel like the ocean, some days you’ll feel like you’re drowning in it.” - Lora Mathis

69
Don't Miss Out On The Tiny Things
Tumblr.com

It’s 1:07 AM and you’ve just called in your Dominos order of cheesy bread and a side of ranch. The lights are a little too bright, and the music has become a static-y mix of Rihanna singing, “I know you wanna see me nakey, nakey, nakey” and some girl screaming that she needs another beer. Shut. up. (Wait. That’s you.) (And you abso-freakin-loutely don’t need another one of anything. Except maybe a water.) But hey, it’s been a good night. You’re outfit is cute, and you were able to get a few great “insta-worthy” pictures (ugh. Millennials. Am I right?)

Part two I guess kind of goes something like this: Waking up the next morning, posting that cute picture, grabbing breakfast, and fighting with the woman in the pub because she charged you an extra 50 cents in pub cash (ending up paying the 50 cents pub cash) and then drowning in all the homework you’ve been procrastinating all weekend, and if you’re lucky you’ll have some time to watch Netflix and eat a pint of ice cream (it’s okay though because you’re going to the gym on Monday.)

As I was walking across campus on Tuesday, I heard someone complaining to their friend that they hated that they had feelings for this guy. The other day I was talking to my friend, and she said something along the lines of wishing she didn’t have feelings. It would be so much easier not to feel anything. I agree; it would be nice not to be stressed all the time or feel like the weight of the world is lying heavy on your chest.

It’s 1:07 AM and you’ve just called in your Dominos order of cheesy bread and a side of ranch. The lights are on, and there’s music playing on someone’s phone in the background- some overplayed song. Some girl is screaming that she needs another beer. You have an okay night. Your Dominos cheesy bread didn’t taste like anything, the party was pretty boring, and you didn’t take any pictures because, well, who cares.

Cheesy bread from Dominos is probably the most garlicky, cheesiest, thing you will ever eat and crave in college, and after a rough day, an ice cold beer is one of the simplest remedies (if you're over 21, of course.) And what beats screaming the lyrics to a new song at the top of your lungs with a group of your best friends? Or feeling really good about yourself because you looked really cute in that outfit from last night. Okay, eating cheesy bread, taking a few cute pictures in a bathroom mirror, or happily eating a pint of ice cream by yourself doesn’t compare to the world-shattering feeling of your heartbreaking, or the terrible feeling of everything hurting and nothing hurting all at once because you’re really not in pain, you just can’t really explain it except that you can’t seem to ever take a big enough breath.

but there are so many tiny pleasures you would miss out on if you never felt anything at all.