I Don't Like Halloween, Come At Me Demons

I like candy corn. That's about it.

254

I realize writing this article runs the risk of smashed pumpkins appearing at my doorstep and candy corn being thrown at me but nevertheless here I am and here is why I really don't like Halloween.

Many of you probably read the title and immediately thought "what the *bleep* is wrong with this girl?!" Well, here's your answer. I don't like Halloween because I find it creepy as heck and as a person who struggles with all things scary, this is not something that makes feel great.

Don't get me wrong. As a kid, dressing up was the best thing ever and getting free candy? Double awesome. But as I grew older and the fun faded away, I found myself honestly groaning when the holiday came around. Instead of dressing up as a witch and running around the block with pumpkins full of free candy, it became this day obsessed with creepy séances, serial killers, and demons and honestly, it makes my skin crawl.

One thing that I do respect about Halloween is the fact that so many people enjoy it and look forward to the creepy, ghoul-inspired antics. It just doesn't do that for me. I'm more about the autumn aspect of this time of year. You know burning candles, making pies. Not screaming my head off, running through a corn-maze because some ax maniac is chasing me because I paid money for it.

I'm just not about it fam, sorry.

I will happily sit at home watching the least scary Halloween movie I can find while everyone else trick-or-treats, goes to parties, and summons the dead. That's fine. You do you and I'll do me.

This year I will be that person who stays at home with the lights off, so the annoying, constant doorbell ringing doesn't occur, and I will happily spend the evening sans demons and chainsaw killers. Halloween just isn't my thing so if you want to throw candy corn at me and call me an abomination, fine. I love candy corn.

Enjoy your evening of scary antics and demon summoning, I will be at home, under the covers, with a bowl of candy.

Also: please don't come at me demons. I will pee my pants.