Don't Let It Get To You

Don't Let It Get To You

Life can be crazy, but that doesn’t mean it should drive you crazy.

48
Don't Let It Get To You
PixaBay

I’ve noticed over the course of this past year how much circumstances beyond our control can drag us down. With all that’s been going on in the world at large, the political climate here at home, and the general busyness that pervades our everyday lives, it’s hard not to let things get the best of us. I know that at times my life has seemed overwhelming. There’s been so much going on that it’s extraordinarily difficult to not become burdened by it all, especially in the last few months.

I’m learning, though, that the best policy to take when life gets to be too much is to not let it get to you. Sure, it’s easier said than done. As a matter of fact, I remember at the beginning of last semester I told my mom that I wasn’t going to let my stressful college classes ruin the rest of my fall and saying it with the utmost confidence. Unfortunately, I often did let the never ending assignments weigh me down and the constant readings hinder my enjoyment of doing something I love.

Still, though, I try my very best to keep to this policy. Even when it is floating somewhere in the back of my mind trying to not be drowned out by the running to-do list that’s stamped into my brain, I try to remember this sentiment – don’t let it get to you.

I think that this is something we could all do remembering. As I’m sure you already know, life can be tough. People can be mean, days can be long, and politicians can do the exact opposite of what we think they should do. In this current political climate, sometimes our friends don’t even seem like our friends anymore. Whatever bad thing inevitably happens that has the chance to ruin your day, your week, or your entire semester, try not to let it. Don’t let it get to you, and if trying your hardest doesn’t work, maybe reading this article and repeating that sentiment over and over again in your mind will at least keep it from eating you up. Whatever it is, attempt to let it go and move on with your life. There’s too much good in the world to let the bad and the stressful ruin it.