Don't Let A Bad Grade Ruin Your Day

Don't Let A Bad Grade Ruin Your Day

Because it's not the end of the world and you'll do better next time.

1637
Don't Let A Bad Grade Ruin Your Day
https://www.pexels.com/

For the most part, most of us have all had bad days where we either forget to do an assignment for a class, take a test unprepared or write up an essay in a couple of hours. Sometimes we’re able to get off easy and somehow get a good grade anyway, however, some other times we just all out fail and get a bad grade. Getting a bad grade on an assignment, test, essay or project can be a reason one’s day might go from being good to being bad, but I’m here to tell you to not let a bad grade ruin your day. I used to get pretty upset with myself when I got bad notes and as a result let the bad grade ruin the rest of my day. Although I obviously strive to do well and getting a bad grade isn’t optimal, I look at the bigger picture and realize that in the long span of things, doing poorly on an exam, for instance, really isn’t the end of the world. I tell myself that me doing poorly on this assignment today really isn’t a whole big deal.

Now obviously I don’t want anybody getting the wrong idea with what I’m trying to convey here. Do not “not study” because an assignment, test, essay or project doesn’t matter - obviously, try your best. However, also remember that if you get less than a desirable grade on something, don’t let that one bad grade bring you down. Look at the bright side, realize that in a year you doing poorly on the assignment will mean nothing and move on. Strive to do better on your next assignment and to not repeat the same mistakes. Don’t dwell on it, but let yourself enjoy the rest of your day.

The reason I wanted to write up a quick article about not letting a bad grade ruin your day is because I remember countless of times throughout middle and high school where I may have received a poor grade and dwelled on that bad note for the rest of my day. Getting a bad grade literally ruined my day. A couple of days ago, I took a test in psychology and really didn’t get that great of a grade at all, in fact, I failed. Although I was disappointed with myself, I knew that there were no retakes on the test, I couldn’t change what had come to be and that dwelling on something I couldn’t change was only a waste of time and a silly reason to feel down. Although it sucks, life goes on and I'll do better next time around.

Some of you reading this may have experienced all of this too and perhaps to this day a bad grade still does ruin your day. If that’s the case, I hope that reading this you might come to realize that it’s not worth dwelling on a bad grade you can’t change and to remember that in the bigger picture, a single assignment, test, essay or project doesn’t really matter at all. Look on the bright side of things and work towards doing better next time around.