Don't Ignore Your Dream

Don't Ignore Your Dream

Dreaming may not just be wishful thinking - it could be the "God nudge" you desperately need.

52
Don't Ignore Your Dream
Emma Austin

Deep down inside everyone is a desire - the desire to carry out a really cool, perhaps seemingly impossible dream.

This dream keeps you up late at night just thinking about it. You can liken it to the feeling of being in love - It's what most excites you, gets your heart pounding, and consumes much of what you think about and hope for.

However, reality hits:

There are things that need to get done. You forget about dreaming. You start believing that practical, safer choices in life are always the best. You push your dreams aside, choosing to label them as wishful fantasies - perhaps an escape from the humdrum of day to day living.

But you just can't seem to let this dream go.

So many people believe that having desires like that are wrong.

I am here to tell you that in many cases, they're not!

Please, do not let this dream go!

God often directs our lives by placing deep desires within our hearts in order to guide us to the next step.

If this dream keeps tugging at your heart, please don't ignore it. It may not make sense at the time, but one day, it will.

You may be holding back from pursuing a dream because of your fear that you won't ever succeed.

Based on my life experience, however, I can assure you that what's far more haunting than failure is the lingering feeling of regret for not even trying.

You don't want to wait until the end of your life to look back and say, "What if I didn't settle and actually asked God to give me opportunities to pursue what I'm truly passionate about?

Don't waste your time investing your life in something you don't really care about - something that may be "practical" but fails to motivate or excite you.

When I went to the Sea of Galilee, I was confronted with the thought of "daring to dream."

I couldn't help but think of the story that most of us know - the story of Jesus walking on the Sea in the middle of a storm.

As I stood in the Sea of Galilee at 10 in the evening, I could almost see it happening: Jesus calmly and collectively walking towards his beloved disciples who were all most certainly panicking (and now I know why - the winds can get SUPER strong over the Sea late at night).

Peter was one of the disciples in the boat. He was one CRAZY guy! He's the only one who called out to Jesus when he saw Him, saying he wanted to walk on the water too!

Let's just stop and think here: Peter had the desire to walk on water - it was a rad/cool/impossible/impractical dream of his - but it was something he really wanted to do!

Jesus' response to Peter could have been, "No, just wait in the boat, I'm almost there. Just watch me walk on water (which was already in and of itself a really cool experience)."

But Jesus doesn't say that!

Jesus tells Peter, "Come."

Why did Jesus allow Peter to be daring enough to act on his impulsive desire to walk on water in the middle of a raging storm?

I believe it was meant to be. When Peter walked on the water, not only was he able to do something extraordinary and fulfill his dream, but his faith in God was able to grow exponentially following that.

Later on, Peter would live on to share that story with thousands of people. It may have gone something like, "I had a crazy desire to walk on water during a storm this one time, and you wouldn't believe it - by keeping my eyes on Jesus, I actually did! He helped me accomplish the impossible, and He can help you do the same. Just trust in Him - you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength."

Dare to dream.

It sounds cliché, but in all seriousness, practice taking moments out of your day where you stop to inquire God - and yourself - of where your deepest desires and passions lay.

Remember: You were called to live for a time such as this.

If you go after your dreams, hopes, and visions in faith, you will one day see it change the world around you.