Don’t Forget To Say I Love You

Don’t Forget To Say I Love You

We never know what's going to happen.

41
Don’t Forget To Say I Love You
https://unsplash.com/photos/xR2TmS56j7A

I know it may seem like some things can never happen to us. We see news stories or read articles about things that are happening in the world or other neighboring communities, but we think we're okay; it could never reach us, that could never happen to us. We think that these bad things can never make their way us, our homes, and our lives.

Unfortunately, that's just not how it works. We can't control the things that happen within our lives. We don't get to decide if good or bad things happen to ourselves or the people we love, and we most definitely don't get to decide when they happen.

Often, bad things seem to occur at the most inconvenient times, or when things finally seem to be looking up. The thing we must always keep with us in a time of hardship or need is that we did not cause these things to happen within our lives, and it is not our fault that they are happening.

We may feel guilty or feel as if we had the opportunity to go back and change just one thing, everything would be okay. It's natural to feel that way, but the fact of the matter is, we're not supposed to be able to change the way things occurred. Things happened just as they were supposed to, even though it's hard.

It is so important to realize that we are not guaranteed anything in this world. We don't get to know waking up each day what will occur during those 24 hours. We don't get to see what will happen if we take that trip or go to that place or know what happens between point A and point B. We don't get to know when it's the last time we get to see a loved one until it's already been the last time.

These are all things we cannot control within our lives. These are things we will never be able to control, no matter how badly we want to. What we can control, is letting others know how much we love and care for them. We can let our family members and friends know how important they are within our lives, each and every day.

We should never take anyone or anything for granted. We should strive for every conversation to end on a positive note. We should remember to say, "I love you" before we leave, no matter where we're going or how far it is. We truly never know what can happen, even within five minutes.

Living a life of joy, peace, and love is so extremely important in a world of uncertainty. We must remember that each day is going to occur exactly how it is supposed to, no matter what we do. It's not up to us. So, tell your family and friends you love them. Give them hugs, hold them close, and spend as much time with them as you can. That's what's important.