To The Girls Who Argue About What Is Appropriate To Wear

This is school, not Project Runway.

During the past couple of weeks, I've noticed a multitude of trending articles which call attention to how women, college girls specifically, dress. I have read articles from both sides: some arguing that athletic attire such as Nike shorts should only be displayed in a gym and others defending that athletic clothes just so happens to be their preferred outfit because it's comfortable. The fight between athletic apparel and a casual/dressy style needs to end. Because as a human being, you are entitled to wear anything you want.

Why are we wasting our time criticizing other people's clothes? For the most part, we are talking about girls in college, but this is America. If you want to wear t-shirts and yoga pants everyday, why should I care? This is school, not Project Runway. I should be looking at the projector, not at your sneakers. And for the people who like to get dressed up, good for you. You need to simply understand: everyone is different. And most college students don't have or want to make time to wake up earlier than they should to "make themselves up" for only a few hours of class. So you should stop judging someone who dresses "unprofessional", in your mindset, simply because they woke up a half an hour before and quickly put together an outfit.

I feel the same way towards different fashion styles. Just because you like to dress preppy does not mean everyone around you should dress preppy. You should embrace different fashion styles, instead of judging them as inferior to yours.

I don't understand why this is so controversial. Let's stop fighting with girls who dress differently, and let's stop making articles degrading each other just because of how we dress.

Sincerely,

An Odyssey creator who truly does not care about what you wear to class