College Goes By Fast, So Don't Blink
Education

College Goes By Fast, So Don't Blink

Two years of college have flown by, but I feel like I am still a freshman.

146
College Goes By Fast, So Don't Blink
Lindsay Tomani

It is funny to me how fast time flies. I remember in middle school thinking "Wow, I still have three years left until high school," then I blinked and there I was sauntering into high school. Once I entered high school, I thought again "Four years! I have plenty of time." It wasn't until I graduated high school that I realized how wrong I was. Time flies, and not just when you're having fun. I remember my first few weeks of college so vividly that it frightens me to think that I am halfway done.

No one can stop time, and we have not figured out time travel yet, so it is our duty to live in the now. Am I scared that in two years I will have to enter the real world? Of course! However, I still have two years left, and I intend to spend them focusing on the present. I don't want to miss anything.

I'm sure plenty of people have told you that college is the best time of your life, but I disagree. College is truly an amazing experience, but I think the best time of your life is whatever time you're experiencing right now. Take in your surroundings. Take in the smells. Take in the way you feel. Make memories, so that you can reflect on the past but do not dwell on it. Of course, I am sad that freshman year and sophomore year of college are gone, but I plan on making junior year and senior year worth remembering.

My advice to all the incoming freshman is to not think about the future, but instead to focus on all the things going on right now. You will never be able to experience anything to the fullest if your mind is fixated on something else. I spend so much time worrying about the future that most of the time I forget to experience the present. For the next two years of college, I am going to take the time to stop and smell the roses, and no matter what stage of life you're in right now, I suggest you do the same.