I Don't Believe In Leaving Anyone Alone

I Don't Believe In Leaving Anyone Alone

Why Do We Consider People Lesser Than Others

9
I Don't Believe In Leaving Anyone Alone
Payton Stark

I don't believe in leaving anyone alone. I don't believe in the way this world treats people, it's simply not right. Too often I see kids ostracized for their shortcomings or their social standings. I know what its like to be on both sides of the spectrum and neither side feels that great to me.

I have been through hell when it comes to feeling ostracized. Whether it was my teachers telling me that I wouldn't amount to much in life, or classmates excluding or overall acting nasty towards me. I didn't like being trampled on but, I also felt just as bad in the times when I was socially accepted and popular. I didn't like knowing that people considered me better or higher than others. I don't like that we categorize people as less than others or weird. If you think about it, all of this is subjective. To them you might not be a super star, and that was exactly how I felt when I was placed on the bottom of the totem pull. Why do they get to chose who is cool and who is not? In my eyes, they were stuffy, they were fake, they dressed square, and they were insecure. How could I be more secure while being shunned than those who were supposedly popular?

Another thing we don't do is help those who struggle. Why would we? Hey I'm doing fine! So why should I worry about Jimmy if he is a stoner or if he is always depressed, doesn't he bring it upon himself? It doesn't matter if they don't even want to get better, it isn't your job to stick up your nose and walk on by. I have struggled with anxiety since I was four, and by anxiety I mean like daily, almost 24/7 anxiety with numerous anxiety attacks strewn threw out my youth. Now I used to be very hard on myself, till I looked up from myself and stopped being my biggest critic to being my biggest fan. You are not promised help, your not promised someone who understands your situation. So you have to be there for yourself, because not everyone will care or have the patients to walk you through the flames. I saw how within my pain I was able to touch lives and how I was able to do things for people that others couldn't because of my past. I don't plan on ending here, I want to use music to reach many more.

Now I need to be honest in saying, if people had given up on me, I wouldn't be standing here. Man is not meant to walk alone. If people would see value in those around them great things would happen, sure it is a-lot easier to ignore them, but it is not easy for that person to ignore their problems. Everyone deserves a chance, everyone deserves to be looked at in the same light. Everyone is given a lot at the time of their birth, they are given gifts, weaknesses, looks or perhaps the opposite, etc. No one has done anything to receive these things. Some people are born into the lives we look down upon and we act like they picked to have that struggle or to be awkward and an outcast. So if we can learn to see our lives as just as important as those around us and vice versa we can begin to put forth the effort to not leave anyone behind.

Because trust me, this is not how it is meant to be, I don't feel at home on either side and I never will. I'm not asking you to like me or accept me, but I do ask you to accept everyone around me or I will have something to talk to you about once again.