Don't Be The Petty One

Don't Be The Petty One

Avoid the internet mask, and stay true to yourself.

226
Don't Be The Petty One
blackthumbgardener.com

We've all been there, you know, when you get into a fight with a friend or you don't like what you see on a certain social platform. You get really heated about something and find that by posting an indirect tweet or Facebook post will make you feel better because you think that person will end up seeing the post. I get it, I can admit that I've even been one of those petty people that tweeted a bunch of dumb stuff when I was really mad at someone. You have to rise above, take a step back and ask yourself, is this post really going to solve anything?

I tend to get irritated easily which is a horrible thing to carry with me. There were times where I realized that I have to be the bigger person in the situation and avoid any sort of internet mask to hide behind. You have to be true to yourself and don't let that person or issue get under your skin. It's hard at first to really avoid Twitter or Facebook to post about other people but it's honestly not going to get you anywhere when you make those indirect comments. It's a little odd even when people post things about that certain someone and when their friends ask them what happened, they tell them to mind their own business. You just made it everyone's business by posting it on social media. That's where the 'petty' comes into play.

Stooping to a level where you think it's ok to talk "behind" someone's back on social media is one of those lows in your life that a lot of people have gone through. It's hard pushing things aside when they really get to you, but what good is it going to do by talking about someone or something on the internet for everyone to see and will scroll by anyways? Absolutely nothing, that's what.

So be the bigger person in the situation, whatever it may be, and remove that negativity from your life because you truly need to focus on yourself and the happiness you deserve. Having that bad energy overtake you is something that can be controlled just by taking a step back, looking at how ridiculous the situation could be if you make that tweet about someone, and walking away from it all. The less you respond to negative people, the more untroubled your life will be. If you really love yourself enough, you will know better to remove yourself from anything you know isn't good for you. I encourage people to do this based on my own experiences because when I look back at the dumb posts I've made about things I didn't prefer or agree with, it makes me feel ridiculous that I even went there. Trust me, you don't want to be the 'petty' one.