Let's get real about how it feels to be the girl of the moment
Dating

Don't Be Someone's 'Sometimes''-Bridget Devoue

Girls lets reevaulte what we do and don't want.

9459
Photo by Elijah O'Donell on Unsplash

Don't' be that girl that is someone's sometimes. The girl who answers the text or snapchat instantly after not hearing from him for a month. Don't be the girl willing to run over to his house when he has never come to see you. Don't be the girl doing his homework, buying him coffee and so on when he never does anything for you.

If you've found yourself in any of these instances you need to check yourself and reevaluate your self-worth.

Society has become this place where if you don't have a certain something in your life your viewed as less. In high school, it was all about the perfect car or the perfect prom date. If you didn't have either you were cast off in an island of misfits, the people that do not fit into the perfect lives society has dreamed up. If in college you don't have a constant hook up or a boyfriend your weird and people wonder what's wrong with you. Or at least that's the impression I've been getting.

Society has made girls turn into people that think they need constant attention or attraction to the opposite sex. If a guy isn't paying attention to you at a frat party or out at the bars something must be wrong with the girl. Why can't anything ever be wrong with the guy? Why doesn't he have the balls to come up to the girl?

This brings me to the point where we have come to except it to be okay to just be that guys sometime, maybe hook up. Standards have been thrown out the window and we take what we can get.

What happened to the mentality that its a privilege for the guy to talk to the girl. He's lucky she's giving him the time of day.

I recently read a quote that is really important to understand and to truly take to heart

"Independent females are so undervalued, She doesn't need you, she wants you. She is going to do her own thing with or without you"

Ladies, we do not need guys. This mindset society has set forth that makes us lower our standards it not okay!