I Start Graduate School Next Month And I Am Currently Freaking The F Out.

I would be worried if I wasn't freaking out, TBH.

8
Photo by Juan Ramos on Unsplash

I have bee out of school for over a year now with a full time job as a paraprofessional. I graduated with my Bachelors in May 2019 and always knew that I would go to grad school. Well, next month I will officially be in my masters program and still working full time and making time for the things and the people who bring joy into my life.

I wasn't freaked out about it in the slightest for the longest time, even after orientation I really was not freaked out. I was excited and ready to jump in and make my life full again. Then, as I got closer to the start date, I started to panic. I began to wonder how in the world I was going to pull all of this off. I began to doubt that I could handle full time graduate school, a full time job, plus studying close to 40 hours a week. I don't know how to do all those things, maintain some sort of social life, have time to eat, and remembering to get enough rest

Then come Spring semester, I am going to be doing all of those things AND a full time internship. So here I am wondering how in the world I am going to do it all without losing my mind or neglecting myself.

What I do know for sure though, is at the end of this road, when I graduate with my masters degree and can do the jobs I have always wanted to do, I just know that I am going to be so happy that I pushed through and so incredibly proud of myself. Despite the lack of sleep, despite the sacrifices I am going to have to make in order to be successful during my time attending graduate school, I know it will be so worth it in the end.

So yes, am I freaking the F out? Of course I am. But I am not going to let that stop me from achieving my dreams.