A Letter To My Camp Best Friends

A Letter To My Camp Best Friends

To my forever friends, thank you and I love you.

124
A Letter To My Camp Best Friends
Personal Photo

When I was diagnosed, I thought my life was over. I had no idea what my life was going to look like going forward. I was terrified, confused, and felt helpless. The day I met you guys I knew that this new lifestyle might not be so bad after all.

My first year at camp I hadn't met any of you. I had some people to talk to, but I knew that they weren't my people. My second year a majority of them didn't come back, leaving me to find new people to talk to.

I met the five of you and I am beyond grateful I did. I found people who always understand what I'm dealing with. When I have an off day with my blood sugars, I can always count on you to listen to me complain about it and get what I'm feeling. You make this disease not as bad as it could be.

Not only can I count on you when it comes to diabetes related issues, but I can also count on you with any other issues. You have been my best friends all throughout high school. You constantly have my back in any and every situation. You always tell me when I'm in the wrong and what I need to hear even when I don't want to hear it.

I appreciate all of you. Without you, my life would be dull and boring. Most of my best memories have you guys in them. I am beyond sad I won't get to spend a week with you this year and make more wonderful memories. That one week has been my favorite week for the past six years.

Thank you for sticking by my side and being my biggest supporters in all I do. You mean the world to me and I am grateful for everything you have done for me. I love you. Thank you for making my life better. I cannot wait to make more memories in the upcoming years.

Thank you for being my people.