The Door Is Locked and I Threw Away The Key So Don’t Try To Come Back Into My Life

I am doing better and finding myself, I do not need you coming back. What's done is done.

495
EveryPixel

In my mind, I say that we met at a perfect time. My life was going well and having you in my life made me a happier person. We made a lot of memories in the short time that we spent together. Everything seemed to be going well, but then everything changed with the simple flip of a switch.

I started to worry that everything you were saying was just a lie to string me along. It seemed like you were hiding something from me. I only wanted the best for us, but you had something different in mind.

All it took was one simple text that changed everything between us. You became the person I never thought you would be and the person you said you would never be. I saw a different side of you that made me realize that everything I wanted was not what you wanted.

I was more upset with myself than I was upset with you. I believed everything you told me. And even when I felt that something was going wrong, I still wanted the best. The signs were so clear, but I thought it was just me overthinking or my past coming back to haunt me.

I was sad for a long time but along with being sad, I was also mad at the situation. I felt safe with you, and that I could trust you with so much. I trusted you so much that when things ended, I felt so stupid. I felt that I wasted my time with us but in the end, it shaped me into the person I am now.

Fast forward a couple months and I am doing better than I thought I would be. It took a long time to accept what happened and to realize that this is for the best. And while I still think about what could have been I know that it is better, and I am doing things for myself.

I am doing things that are making my future look bright. I am going after chances that I would normally be scared to even think about. I am going on adventures that make me the happiest I can be.

I don't hate you and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. We have both apologized for things we have done and we both realized it is better this way. There is just one thing I want you to know though... When I am doing great, do not try to come back into my life.

We had our chance and while a couple of months ago I would want you back, I am happy with how we are now. There are a lot of things I wish could have done differently, but we cannot go back in time. We have to accept what happened and move on from it.

So, when you see that I am doing big things with my future, do not try to bring me down. When I am happy with someone, do not try to wiggle yourself back in. When I am vulnerable, do not use that to your advantage. When I am trying to find myself in situations, do not try to guide me in any direction towards you.

Once I am doing great, then it is time for you to see that I do not need you anymore to make me happy. I am a strong person and I will figure things out. It hurts sometimes, and I overthink the situation more than I would like. But what we were is in the past and it is time for me to be great by myself.

So take this as a final goodbye because once I am gone, I am gone.