Which Hogwarts House Would Your Pup Be In?

I suppose it's more like 'Dog'warts...

228
Katherine Halterman

Imagine a world in which wizards and witches were not like the famed Harry Potter or Albus Dumbledore. In fact, imagine a world in which wizards and witches were not human at all.

Imagine a world in which dogs are the ones born with immense knowledge and power. Imagine a world where it is not Cornelius Fudge as Minister of Magic, but rather Lassie or some dog of that sort.

Imagine if Hogwarts was not Hogwarts at all but, in this altered reality, has the name "Dogwarts" bestowed upon it.

Now, if only there was a way to know which house your own dog is in. I'm not sure, but perhaps this little article will help.

First, as an owner of a dog, you must realize that you are in fact powerless to the magic capabilities of a dog. I'm sure you've noticed this in your everyday life with your mutt (or purebred...)

How is it that dogs make us completely change our voices, our moods, our actions? Well, think about it. It's magic. Wizardry is no longer limited to those of two-legged persuasion.

*Disclaimer* Even as you read this article and attempt to sort your pooch into a Dogwarts house, you must realize, the Sorting Collar is the only true way for a dog to be placed into a dog house.

Proceed you lowly two-legger.

Gryffindog

Gryffindogs are often categorized as the most brave Dogwarts House. However, Gryffindogs posses much more than bravery. These dogs are often go-getters. Fetch players, mouse catchers and loud barkers are often most commonly sorted into Gryffindog. The most common breeds in this house are Border Collies, Dachshunds, and German Shepherds, though other breeds are surely welcome. Mutts are most definitely permitted and welcome as their feisty, double-dog personalities add a little 'woof' to their stance.

Depicted below is one of the most well known Gryffindogs, Gertrude, (more commonly referred to as 'Gigi.') Gigi is most well known for catching birds, moths and mice and for her ferocious bark at anything that walks by her home. Despite her small stature, she is certainly not afraid to become the alpha in any situation. She also holds the immeasurable capability to use her large ears to listen to anyone in distress, and she then helps with extreme passion.

Ravenpaw

Ravenpaws are known most famously for their cleverness. However, Ravenpaws are so much more than just their brains. These dogs are problem solvers, explorers, and independent souls. Dogs that act a bit more like cats are most likely to be placed in this house. Ravenpaws thoroughly enjoy solving puzzles like "Which hand is the treat in?" and "Jow can I get to the next-door-neighbor's yard?" but also tend to find themselves stuck with porcupine quills or sprayed by skunks. The most common breeds in this house are Pointers, Terriers, Poodles, and Huskies, though other breeds are welcome. If your dog is witty and curious and thinks outside of the kennel, Ravenpaw is their home.

Checkers, the pup below, is known for his influence on the Ravenpaw house. He was a trendsetter for the personality of most Ravenpaw dogs. He tends to run alongside the beaten path instead of running on it, he always finds a way to get treats and he, a good friend of Gigi's, always got away with his plans as everyone always thought it must have been the excitable little pupper rather than himself.

Slytherhund

Slytherhunds tend to have a reputation as the most charismatic dogs on the prowl. Slytherhunds are often found in packs, sniffing out their next moves. Slytherhunds beg for food at the table, roll over for belly rubs and use those big, puppy eyes to get their way. This is not like the way that Ravenpaws discover creative ways to access these luxuries, Slytherhunds will use the fact that they are a dog to get attention for their cunning explorations. Slytherhunds enjoy a simple but pampered life. The most common breeds in this house are Corgis, Papillons, and King Charles Spaniels. Other breeds are welcome, but they must be certified pure-breds.

Below is a Slytherhund companion gone too soon. At the young age of four, Scruffy passed away due to a brutal sickness. However, many conspiracies lie around this case. Days before his passing, Scruffy revealed to Goose, one of his closest friends in the house, that he was not pure, but rather a mutt. No one can know for sure what happened, but one day Scruffy was there, and the next, he wasn't.

Hufflepup

Hufflepups are seen, most often, as lap and lounge and dogs. However, Hufflepups also hold a true sense of tolerance and patience. They let young two-leggers to climb all over them, they only bark in protection of their owners and they are the dogs that represent an excape from reality. Hufflepups often find themselves as hard-working service dogs. Huffflepups are the ones that curl beside you at all times and spend all day lounging in the sun. The most common breeds in this house are Basset Hounds, Bichon Frisés and Labrador Retrievers, though other breeds are very welcome into this loving family. If your dog is always by your side, they might be a Hufflepup.

Below is Latte, one of the first Hufflepups to be recognized as brave, and not as a "lazy" dog. When he turned 9, Latte lost his life to the Cruciatus curse in a battle over the age old Wizarding debate: To speak to humans in their languages or not? Latte felt that in order to comfort the human soul, he must speak. He did speak, but each time, 'Crucio' was upon him and it eventually claimed his soul.

Though this world is simply a fantastical creation, this world, magical or not, would be lost without the magnificent being that is the dog. Without dogs, the best of our souls would no longer rise to the surface, if only for a moment.

In this world of Wizarding dogs, Slytherhund can lie beside Gryffindog and Ravenpaw can unite with Hufflepup. With dogs, life seems a little more simple because in the end, everyone is sniffing everyone else's butt.

So go love on your pup! (And then sort them into their house.)

(Comment what house your doggie got down below!)