10 Reasons I Fall More In Love With My Dog After Every Guy I Meet

My dog doesn't text me at 2 A.M saying "you up?"

336
Unsplash

Guys in their early 20's are doing a million things wrong when it comes to trying to get a girls attention. As my senior year in college is about to end, I've met my share of grade-A tool bags along the way. Even as I get older, I'm starting to think the male population is actually still getting dumber when it comes to relationships and I am starting to be really okay with just cuddling with my dog instead.

1. My dog doesn't text me "you up?" at 2 A.M.

Since my dog doesn't have thumbs, he can't even text me. But, you get my point.

2. He also doesn't complain about cuddling.

At least my dog wants to be next to me 24/7.

3. Or make me question his feelings for me.

There is an unbreakable bond between a girl and her dog.

4. My dog will never bail last minute on me. He's mine forever.

Unlike having to spend 2 hours getting ready and finding the perfect outfit to go hang out with Mr. Wrong just for him to bail on me for the "bro's" last minute... at least my dog is always down to hang out with me.

5. Unlike the guys I meet, my dog is protective of me.

My dog will fend off unwanted visitors. Can't say the same for the guys I've met who don't seem to mind when their friends think it's cool to hit on me at the bar.

6. My dog isn't afraid to show me some affection.

My dog is always happy to see me... even when I've had the flu.

7. He actually knows how to be loyal.

Oh, what's that? Loyalty? What a strange concept.

8. His idea of a "chill night hanging out" isn't getting blacked out at the bar.

My dog's idea of a fun night in is us sitting on the couch watching rom-com's and I'm not sure what's better than that tbh.

9. My dog actually wants to spend time with me.

He's actually sad to see me go when I leave in the morning for class. What another weird concept of a living being wanting to hang out with you 24/7.

10. Oh, my dog is actually NICE TO ME.

Since I haven't met a single nice guy in the past 10 months, I don't think any of them are even worthy of my attention. Except, my dog obviously. He's pretty cool and super cuddly. At this rate, I'm ruling out boyfriends until a guy can do better than my dog, which, is not looking so good.

At least I will have my fur child to keep me company through the rough years ahead as boys take an eternity to mature. Shoutout to all the ladies who love their dog more and more every day the more guys they meet. I'm with ya sister.