12 Reasons Dogs Aren't For College Students

Being A College Student Is Ruff And Here Are 12 Reasons Students Shouldn't Have Dogs In College

They just aren't a college pet.

503

I see so many college students getting dogs and I can't help but wonder how they have time to take care of them while also going to classes, living the college experience and working. Here are 12 reasons it's better to wait to get a dog until after college.

1. They are a lot of work

s3.amazonaws.com

Especially if you get a hyper dog or a puppy, it's about as much attention as a child needs and most people don't have little ones and go to college for a reason.

2. They limit what you can do

media.giphy.com

You want to go out for the weekend and go to a fraternity formal, or just want to stay out late with your friends. But your dog needs to be let out for a little bit of the day.

3. Dogs take a lot of time

media.giphy.com

Like I said, dogs are like children. Children, like dogs, take a lot of time, which students are already limited in.

4. College students just don't have the time

media.giphy.com

College students struggle financially and have to be in class or work majority of the time anyways, so how would they have more time to spend with a dog.

5. College students are broke already

media.giphy.com

Dogs cost a lot of money, might be for food, toys or the vet. College students struggle financially as it is.

6. You can volunteer to take care of dogs at shelters

images.boredomfiles.com

I volunteer frequently at the humane society in my college town and you can play or walk as many dogs as you would like.

7. You don't get to experience college

media3.giphy.com

You can't go out if you have a dog at home to be taking care of.

8. Dogs deserve a huge amount of care

media1.tenor.com

Dogs are great and deserve to have the amount of care that they need.

9. Dogs need a huge amount of care

media.giphy.com

Not only do they deserve the huge amount of care but they need it. They need to be let outside to run around and play multiple times a day.

10. Dogs need lots of attention

i.imgur.com

Dogs love people and shouldn't be left alone in a house or apartment all day.

11. Dogs need someone to spend the day with

media1.tenor.com

Dogs get lonely and some even get separation anxiety.

12. Save the dog for after college

media2.giphy.com

Dogs are a great pet, just not for college students. Work hard to be able to give your future dog the life it deserves.