10 Things All Dog Lovers Know

10 Things You Know All Too Well When Your Dog Is Your Best Friend Over Any Human In Your Life

Your dog is your ship mate, and that's all there is to it.

337
Macey Mullins

I've had my dog for over 10 years now. He's my best friend and he has been by my side since day one. I don't know what I would do without him (Bisket.) He is a Jack Russell Terrier, all white with little brown spots on his ears. He has been through everything with me. At the end of the day, as long as he's alive and well, it's chalked up as a good day.

1. You want to buy them the best dog food out there. 

$50.00 for a bag of food? Fine, as long as your dog likes it, right? You'll also research whats in the dog food, so that you know it's safe.

2. You have developed a way of communication that doesn't involve speaking. 

You can tell when your dog is acting weird. You have developed a way of communication that relies on movements and "whines." Either way, you both have an understanding of each other.

3. Thinking about your dog passing away someday isn't a thought you can wrap your head around. 

I hate thinking about it, but because my dog is getting old I think about it all the time. I don't know what I'll do without him.

4. No one, and I mean no one, is allowed to treat your dog badly. 

When I say badly, I mean even a harsh voice. They're like your child. When they're upset, you're upset.

5. "The couch belongs to the dog, too. If you don't like it, leave." 

There is no in-between, really. My house is his house, too.

6. You love when other people love your dog. 

When you're out and about, walking your dog, or simply showing off pictures, it makes you proud when people compliment your pup.

7. You would never move anywhere without your dog. 

"Oh, they don't allow dogs here? I'm out." This goes for apartments, parks, beaches, and everywhere in between.

8. You have several photos of your dog on your phone.

They look so cute while they're asleep, how could I pass up this opportunity?

9. You can never have too many dog toys. 

... and you've gotten used to tripping over them when you wake up to go to the bathroom.

10. TREATS TREATS TREATS

You get a feeling of happiness when you give them treats, because it's something they love.

Real dog people are one of a kind, and their dogs are their partner in crime. You eat, sleep, and spend time together every day. They can tell when you are sad, vice versa. You could never ask for a better best friend.