8 Dog Secrets I Found Out Today

8 Dog Secrets I Found Out Today

I love dogs, they are not just our friends but incredible creatures as well. Here's a few amazing things I found out about them today.

1627
8 Dog Secrets I Found Out Today

Dogs are unique species; they provide us with companionship and love. They are one of the living beings that are always present when we need them and have been known as 'Man's best friend' for thousands of years. There are loads of factors to our four-legged friends, which makes them extraordinary. Here I have collected some of the secrets about dogs that only a few people knew about.

Some Have the Ability to Sniff Out Medical Problems

Yes, you read the right thing. Some dogs have such a good nose that they can easily detect medical issues. Most medical officials train their dogs to sniff out medical conditions and alert their owners if they need more medication.

Dogs Have Incredible Hearing Ability

We all know that dogs have an extraordinary sense of smell, but most people don't know they have impressive ears. The positioning of their ear and muscles helps dogs pick up a whole host of sounds that we can't pick up.

Dogs Have Less Developed Taste Buds

Dogs don't have everything extraordinary, like their sense of taste is much less developed than humans. Dogs have approximately 1700 taste buds, while humans have 9000 plus taste buds. That's why dogs will scarf rotting food scraps.

Some Can Run As Fast As A Cheetah

Dogs have been built to run and chase. That's why they can easily outrun a human. But the fantastic thing is that breed of dog like Greyhound can reach the top speed of 50mph within seconds of starting to run.

They run so fast that they can beat a cheetah because cheetahs can reach almost 65mph-70mph. They can only maintain this speed for around thirty seconds, but Greyhounds can efficiently run at more than 35mph for 7 miles.

They Have Different Nose Prints

Like humans have fingerprints to make their identity special, a dog has a nose with unique creases and ridges. Dog professionals and experts can easily talk about the dog breed and characters by looking at their noses.

Dogs Have Dreams Just Like Us

If you wonder why your pet dog is twitching on their dog bed in their sleep, this probably means they are dreaming. According to dog researchers, dogs have similar brain activity and sleep patterns as humans—the small dogs' dreams more than the large ones.

They Mate Twice A Year

One of the surprising facts about dogs is that unsprayed female dogs only go into heat twice a year. So, if you are a dog breeder, keep this in mind and plan carefully.

Dogs Are As Intelligent As A 2-Year Old

According to the research, dogs can quickly learn over a hundred gestures and words, making them as intelligent as two-year-olds. However, training a dog is much easier than training a two-year-old. Dogs are used for all types of jobs like they can use to play military roles to assist dogs because dogs are incredibly clever and loyal animals.