An Open Letter To The Girl Who Just Doesn't Get It

These guys are using you.

133
Grapzer

Do you want to be known as a ho? Do you like being called derogatory names? Is being known as “the easy girl” appealing to you?

You sleep with all of these guys and you don’t even think twice about it. All they have to do is “talk” to you for a week or so and they’ve already got you hooked.

Here’s the crazy, unfortunate part: none of them have ever loved you, and, as a matter of fact, not one of them have ever cared about you at all; You have yet to actually date any of them.

The problem you have is that you fall for everything. You fall for every sweet word and flirtatious wink. You get all googly-eyed when a boy looks your way, even if he’s actually looking at the girl behind you. You think these guys are into you, but I can promise you that they aren’t, they never have been, and they never will be.

Why? Because they don’t think of you as a woman with dignity, they look at you as if you’re a midnight snack, and the sad part is that you let them. You make bad decisions for temporary pleasure. It’d be one thing if your actions didn’t impact you negatively, but they do. You always hate yourself afterwards and end up crying alone in your room as you wonder why you weren’t good enough.

I’m not trying to degrade you as a person or shove you into the dirt. My intentions aren’t to make you feel like you’re nothing, because clearly, that job belongs to the guys you choose to give yourself to. I’m telling you all of this because I care. From the bottom of my heart, I genuinely care.

I hate that people call you these names because the difference between you and other girls who give in to guys easily is that you actually think you’re going to be together someday. You truly think that they’re into you and that they want to “wife you up.” You aren’t the type of girl who is down for having a “friend with benefits.” You aren’t the type of gal who has sex just to have sex. You aren’t that person, so please, stop acting like you are; You’re better than that.

I am so tired of you always coming to me in tears. Not that your emotions are an inconvenience to me, but because you shouldn’t be crying in the first place. You shouldn’t give someone the power to destroy you, both mentally and emotionally. You shouldn’t give some boy you just met the opportunity to have all of you. You shouldn’t be investing your time into boys who will never, and I mean never, invest their time in you.

I hate seeing you cry, but most of all, I hate how stupid you are when it comes to boys.

You are a woman filled with pure joy, excellence, and integrity. You have an irreplaceable sense of humor and are a blessing to everyone who loves you. You bring light into every room you walk into and your spunk could never be duplicated. Everyone looks forward to having you around and I can pinky promise you that my life would be dull without you. You bring positive energy everywhere you go and you never leave your house without a smile. You aren’t afraid to speak your mind. And your loyalty, oh, baby girl, your loyalty to your best friends is something so rare and hard to find. The way you preach the word of God to anyone who wants to listen is admirable and the way you love your family is so precious.

I just wish you loved yourself.

I wish you loved yourself enough to stop letting guys use you. I wish you loved yourself enough to stop letting boys take advantage of, not only your body, but your heart as well. I wish you loved yourself enough to look the other way when a boy with bad intentions grabs your waist at the bar. I wish you loved yourself enough to wait until you are at least in a committed relationship before you give someone your all. I wish you loved yourself enough to be able to look into the mirror every morning and see what I see: a woman of great worth.

Here’s something that I find quite ironic: you never let anybody walk all over you. When someone throws shade on your name, you confront them in a heartbeat. You aren’t afraid to stand up for yourself in any situation and you never let a day go by letting people think they can get away with stabbing you in the back.

Unless it is an attractive male whom you’ve had sexual relations with.

Why do you continue to let these guys have total control over you? Why do you let their actions slide while, if it were anybody else, they’d be cursed out in a heartbeat?

Why?

If any of your friends talked to you the way you allow these boys to talk to you, how long would you stay friends with that person?

The answer is not long at all.

How many tears have to fall before this ends? How many guys have to screw you over before you get a reality check? How many sleepless nights do you have to suffer through before you decide that you don’t want to live this way anymore?

Baby girl, I just wish you’d get it.

You always pray to God, asking Him to send you your future husband. You always talk about your how you want to be proposed to someday and how you’re going to dance on your wedding day. You want all of these things, but I can promise you one thing: God doesn’t give anybody anything unless they’re ready for it. And judging by the way you act, you are nowhere near ready for something real. Every time you sleep with someone you shouldn’t, God pulls the man He created for you further and further away. You always end up apologizing to God for your actions, but when are you going to stop taking His sense of forgiveness for granted? You can’t keep sinning just because you know He’s going to forgive you. You know God is disappointed in you, you said that yourself.

Someday, you are going to meet a man who looks at you in a way you’ve never been looked at before. He’s going to look at you like you’re the one who makes the sun rise every morning. He’s going to memorize every detail about you and he won’t ever let a day pass without telling you how beautiful you are. You’re going to be his first thought every morning when he wakes up, you’re going to be on his mind all day, he’s going to think about you right before he falls asleep, and he’s going to dream about you every night. I promise you that there is a man out there praying for a woman like you. I pinky promise you that God has created someone special just for you.

Please, wait for him.

I love you with my whole being and I only want what’s best for you; I just wish you wanted that too.

I guess the only question I have left to ask is:

When is enough going to be enough?

Sincerely,

Someone who actually loves you