What is BCA? Explore more details of BCA course

Introduction

53
Photo by Nick Morrison on Unsplash

Now that you know all the details regarding a BCA course, enroll today and start working away.

What is a BCA Course?

BCA stands for Bachelors in Computer Applications and is a full-time undergraduate degree (usually divided into 6 semesters). The major goal behind a BCA course is to equip candidates with the fundamental skills and knowledge for pursuing good job opportunities in the fast-paced world of IT. BCA admissions is granted both on the basis of merit coupled with an entrance examination. Read on to know details of BCA programs and bca fee structure.

Eligibility Criteria

Candidates who are aspiring to seek admission in BCA programs need to fulfill certain criterias like having a high-school degree in any stream of studies with not less than 50% aggregate marks from any recognised Central Board of Secondary Education. Students securing equivalent marks in any Secondary Education board or specialization in mathematics, computer engineering or computer science etc. are given preference

BCA Course Subjects And Specializations

Several BCA specializations are available in varied fields like- -

● Accounting applications

● Programming languages

● Animation

● Internet technologies

● Systems analysis

● Cyber law

●Graphics and more

Subjects in BCA

Now that we have made you familiar with some BCA subjects as well as curriculums, let’s take you through some of the most important subjects that fall under BCA.

●Software Development: Software development course covers topics such as networking, multithreading, inheritance, web development, database programming etc. It also covers expert programming languages that will be needed by professionals such as Java, Python, C, Lisp, Assembly, etc. Software developers also work to test, develop, debug, construct etc. of large-scale programs.

●Software Engineering: Software engineering covers topics including teaching graduates how to approach and follow procedures for designing, as well as build and maintain a software system which is reliable and strong. They are also responsible for the design for newer software solutions, implementation, as well as maintenance. A lot more is covered under this topic.

●Multimedia systems or data: This topic has become an indispensable topic for today’s graduates who are focusing on trending research topics covering society. This course offers a comprehensive grasp of all types of multimedia standards including systems and tools, retrieval, content representation, multimedia communication etc.

● Artificial intelligence: AI or artificial intelligence is one of the most important concepts of Web 3.0. Its major goal stands in the production of computers and robots as smart as human beings. This is a special type of a BCA course topic which covers two basic concepts like algorithms as well as machine learning, developing robots and intelligent agents while also handling challenges faced by AI with programming like Python etc. With the rapid progress of technology and its innovations, we can only anticipate further exciting features of AI applications in the near future.

Web-Based Applications Development

The course of web-based applications development focuses chiefly on the designing as well as development of web-based applications since it utilizes on a varied range of programming languages and tools etc. graduates will earn in-depth learning of XHTML and HTML coding, while also learning design ideas in Cascading style sheet also known as CSS. This course offers an advanced knowledge of PHP which is one of the world’s best known and in-demand programming languages for tasks like web development etc.