Does He Still Have Your Vote?
Politics

Does He Still Have Your Vote?

Everyone in America knows (or should know) that Trump is a crazy person by now, but what about his...

16
Does He Still Have Your Vote?
Wikipedia

I absolutely love politics for many reasons, but mostly I love being able to have healthy debates and conversations with others on their political standpoints. I am a huge nerd when it comes to reading books and doing research, so with politics I enjoy learning about both parties. However, this election has taken quite the turn and has really had people voicing their strong opinions about each candidate. The problem with the opinion voicing is that no one can seem to agree on one candidate since people have trouble listening to the facts involved; no matter the opposing argument, people just can’t seem to have an open mind. Yes, world: I am talking about those stubborn Trump supporters.

Here’s the thing: Trump supporters are voting for Trump because they don’t want to vote for Hillary, and because he really does not give a crap about anyone or anything, plain and simple. When trying to find some information on his lovely supporters, I stumbled across a short poll from the PPP who surveyed Trump supporters. The answers are as follows:

-65% think President Obama is a Muslim, only 13% think he’s a Christian.

-59% think President Obama was not born in the United States, only 23% think that he was.

-24% think Antonin Scalia was murdered, just 42% think he died naturally, another 34% are unsure.

Yep, these seem like very knowledgeable people. Everyone in America knows (or should know) that Trump is a crazy person by now, but what about his racism? Maybe from his interview on CNN about how he didn’t know enough about David Duke and the KKK to be able to denounce the support from them would cause some terror from his supporters? Didn’t seem to phase them, but neither did the idea of building a physical barrier blocking off an entire country. Anyways, don’t believe me, watch the KKK video for yourself:

Above all, the root of the problem goes further than all of the issues with Trump and his beliefs. The root of the problem is the fact that Trump supporters refuse to vote for Hillary because she is a woman. Hillary Clinton is more than qualified to run our country due to her extremely impressive credentials, examples from the BNR’s archive article being: she graduated with honors from Yale Law School; worked on the presidential campaigns of Barry Goldwater (1964), George McGovern (1972), and Jimmy Carter (1976); was named one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America by the National Law Journal in 1988 AND 1991; served eight years as First Lady of the United States; worked as a Senator from New York; led as Secretary of State and that is not even the end of her impressive list. So, why is a man with absolutely no political background able to run against such an impressive woman? Yeah, I don’t know either.

Personally speaking, I think a lot of people are afraid of having a woman with so much potential and drive become the leader of our country. Yes, change is scary but in a time period with so much never-ending racism, discrimination and economic inequality, I can’t really understand why more people aren’t pushing for such a strong, level-headed woman to enter the White House.

GO VOTE ON NOVEMBER 8TH!!!