Does God Really Mean That?

Does God Really Mean That?

Not everyone is going to Heaven.

24
Does God Really Mean That?

Most of what I'm going to say is probably considered "politically incorrect." I don't like this term, and it really doesn't mean much to me. What does mean a lot to me is the truth that comes from God. God calls on us to teach others the truth. He never said only teach them the parts that won't hurt their feelings. As the old saying goes, the truth hurts sometimes. It hurts us all, including myself, when someone points out our sin or shortcomings, but this is necessary sometimes.

I think a lot of people, including some who call themselves Christians, are under the huge misconception that God doesn't really mean what he says and he's not really going to send anyone to Hell. Some people think no matter what lifestyle you live, as long as you "believe" in God, you're good to go. This is simply not true. James says in chapter 2 verse 19, “You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.” So do we also think demons will be in Heaven? Of course not. The point is, it takes a lot more than just believing to be pleasing to God. Just believing is not going to send you to Heaven. James goes on to say in verse 20, “You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?" We must live a life that points back to Jesus. I cannot live a sinful life and expect to go to Heaven, and neither can you.

One of the main verses that pops in my mind when I think of this is 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.” You say to yourself, I know someone who has committed adultery. I know someone who is homosexual. I know someone who is a drunkard. They're all good people, and I love them. Surely God wouldn't send them to Hell. But ask yourself, does God lie? No, of course not. This verse means exactly what it says. Those who are involved with these things will not inherit the kingdom of God. It's spelled out clearly for us. If you continue reading, verse 11 gives us so much hope. It says, “And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.” This lets us know that some of these people were committing these sins. They were involved in these sinful lifestyles. They were deceived into thinking this was okay, when obviously it's not. The good news is, as mentioned in verse 11, that these people changed. They were forgivenTheir sins were washed away, and they were given a clean slate. They now have a hope of Heaven, just like we can today.

No matter what sin we're caught up in, God can save us from it. He can give us a new hope. He will wash us clean and remember it no more. We need to remember that sin is serious. We can't live a sinful life everyday and be pleasing to God. This doesn't mean that he expects us to be perfect because none of us are and never will be. I try my best every day, and I still fail daily, so I have to continually ask for forgiveness. He does expects our best, and he expects us to live a moral, Godly life every day. It's not always easy. Christians are tempted just like everyone else, but we have to choose to put God first and do as he would have us to do.

It's not politically correct to say that anyone is going to Hell, but facts are facts. “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” ‭Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14‬ Don't be one of many who take the easy road filled with sin that leads to destruction in Hell. Be one of the few who enter the narrow gate. Be one of the few who take the harder road to do what's right, and you will be one of the few who find eternal life.