These 5 Products From My Kitchen Totally Transformed My Skin

These 5 Products Totally Transformed My Skin, And They're Probably In Your Kitchen Right Now

Because we all want to be cute in the house while we're in the house cute!

112

The COVID-19 pandemic has people shaken from their daily routines and in some cases unemployed. Although certain areas are slowly opening, people may not be necessarily ready to spend their money on increasing their vanity. In adjusting to a new normal this summer, here is a list of effective beauty products you may already have at home.

1. Lemons

A great addition to your morning tea, this tasty citrus fruit can help skin become more supple, glowy, and clear. Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, which helps to even out the skin and potentially increase collagen. Incorporating lemon into your skincare routine may have some effective benefits in helping with hyperpigmentation, oily skin, and help to give your skin that summer glow.

Take a few drops of lemon juice on a cotton pad and apply it to the face 2-3 times a week after cleansing the face. Be sure to consult with your doctor and do a patch test on your forearm before adding lemon to the skin as people's skin may become irritated if allergic.

2. Baking Soda

Old to some but new to most, baking soda still acts as the OG teeth whitener. Mixing a couple 1-2 tablespoons with lemon juice can naturally whiten the appearance of teeth.

With other teeth whitening methods being costly, baking soda may give you pearly whites without pinching your pockets. Just leave the paste on your teeth for no more than one minute, and rinse with a toothbrush for results.

3.Olive Oil

A staple item in most people's kitchens, olive oil can do wonders for the skin. It's incredibly moisturizing, reducing the appearance of dry cuticles, cracked feet, and dry scalp.

Olive oil contains hydrating antioxidants that heal dryness. A few drops of olive oil can be applied hot to the scalp to deeply moisturize roots while also providing shine to your tresses. Apply some oil on the heels of your feet with some socks to seal in the moisture. Fill up old nail polish bottles to apply to cuticles to increase the strength of nails.

4. Castor Oil

Castor oil is a beauty regimen staple. It can increase the shine, strength, and growth of lashes and eyebrows when applied daily. While in quarantine, it may be pricey to rely on eyelash extensions and eyebrow waxing services.

To increase the look of your natural lashes and eyebrows, take an empty mascara bottle and fill it with castor oil.

5. Brown Sugar

Brown sugar baby is great for the body. Its rough texture paired with its sweet smell and taste can be used as an exfoliator. It helps to remove dead skin cells and unclog the skin pores on the body.

Apply brown sugar to your body mixed with your favorite oil to your body during your shower routine, or before finishing a relaxing bath. It can also exfoliate dry cracked lips, making your lips more supple and smooth.