Why Divide Is My 2017 Anthem

Why Divide Is My 2017 Anthem

Ed Sheeran came through with this one

9
Why Divide Is My 2017 Anthem
BreatheHeavy.com

It's no secret that I am a big Ed Sheeran fan. I've loved all of his previous albums and after his year off I was so excited when he announced he would be dropping two singles. And soon after "Shape of You" and "Castle on the Hill" released the rest of Divide came out as well. Nothing could have prepared for how much I fell in love with album. It has his quintessential "Ed Sheeran" sound while still sounding new. Full of new 'first dance' tracks followed by heart break coupled by two songs about his grandparents this album is raw, vulnerable and stunning.

So the point of this article wasn't just so I could gush about my love of this album. I wanted to talk about why this will stand as my 2017 anthem. It's no secret that everyone felt that 2016 sucked and unfortunately 2017 isn't looking much better in terms of domestic and international news. So what's one positive backlash of people being freaked out by the world? ART. Which is exactly what this album is however, one song in particular is everything that 2017 needs. "What do I Know?" sends a message that while the world may feel like it's tearing at the seams each of us on our own can 'spread love and understanding, positivity.' So everyday I listen to "What do I Know?" as a reminder that change and hope starts small and grows--I also listen to it to help myself from crying everyday over the news.

So if you haven't already listened to "What Do I Know?" and the entire Divide Album I highly recommend that you get on that, or find your own 2017 album because we all need one this year.