Disney World

I Ended My Summer With A Trip To Disney World With My Adopted Family

In love, He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will." Ephesians 1:5

190
Emileigh Hearn

My biological family is amazing, but this post is not about them. This one goes out to my youth pastor, his wife, and their five children. I met Jason and Lauren Morrow in the sixth grade, not knowing then how much they would impact my life. They have seen me through my insecurities, my parents' divorce, and my rebellious stage. All the while encouraging me to follow Christ above all and teaching me to be patient. They now consider me their college kid or their "adopted child."

A few months ago, they invited me to go to Disney World with them. I immediately said, "YEAH!!" I could not think of a greater way to end the summer. Just as expected, it was an amazing trip. We woke up at the crack of dawn every single day to visit every park and get the full effect of Disney. With sore hips, worn out legs, and heavy eyes, we left Orlando, Florida with full hearts. I enjoyed every single part of the one week I got to spend with them.

I have a confession to make and it may not surprise those who know me well, but I am not a huge lover of kids. Junior High/High school students? Yeah, that is my area. There is something different about every single Morrow kid though. Each one has something special about them. I decided to dedicate this article to this family because they mean so much to me.

Ashlynn is the twelve-year-old. The firstborn and the one that is a spitting image of her mother.

Kellis is the nine-year-old. The second born who is more observant than any other human I know.

Jason Paul is the eight-year-old. The third born who happens to be the only boy and what a boy he is!

Emmalee is the three-year-old. The fifth born who is the biggest ball of sass and even though they did not name her after me, I still take credit.

This is such a special family for so many reasons, but the number one reason why I love and admire them so much is for their strength and faithfulness to Jesus. Almost one year ago, Jesus called their fourth born child, Elizabeth Grace home to heaven. August 23, 2017, was the most devastating day for this family and so many others. To lose a child unexpectantly raises so many questions for our Giver of life, but the Morrows remained faithful. They trusted God and are continuing to trust Him every single day that they grieve the loss of their sweet baby. Eliza was almost five years old. She danced, she sang, she loved to look at "pitures," and she clung to her mommy and daddy as long as our God let her.

Disney World was the most tiring, yet a fulfilling week of family. As much as I appreciated my sweet family for inviting me, I would have given everything to let Eliza Grace be there in my place. She would have loved getting to see the characters and princesses. We still miss our girl a year later and will miss her until the day that we reunite with her, but what is cool about her new life in heaven is that she is now one of the princesses. She is forever in the arms of her Heavenly Father.

We miss you, tiny dancer. This one is for you.