10 Rides At Walt Disney World For Teens And Adults

Proof that Disney is not just for kids...

300
Author's photo

A lot of tourists may think Walt Disney World has nothing that will capture the attention of teenagers. They must not know that Disney has attractions made for just about any age group. So to prove them wrong, I give you the Top Ten rides at Walt Disney World for teenagers and adults.

10. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Magic Kingdom

Big Thunder (as it is usually referred to as), takes you into a story of a haunted mining establishment. Hop aboard a crazy runaway train in the distant mines and endure many twists, turns, and small drops. It's one of those rides you'll want to do over and over again.

Watch out for mine explosions! (And long wait times).

9. Splash Mountain - Magic Kingdom

In this water venture, visitors travel through an audio-animatronic story from Song of the South. A 52.9-foot tall drop is what catches you off guard. The lovely voices of Brer Rabbit and friends serenade you with happy tunes, then it's off to the "laughing place". In other words, you get soaked from head to toe.

8. Kali River Rapids - Animal Kingdom

While you are pushing through the rough waters in this classic attraction, look around. You'll notice Disney uses the ride as a way to promote saving our earth from the effects of deforestation. A great lesson for young teens. Riders will also enjoy the feeling of uncertainty as the raft continually spins, which constantly leaves you in wonderment of who will get hit by the next big wave.

Wouldn't you want to see your mom get drenched?

7. DINOSAUR - Animal Kingdom

This blast to the past is one of my absolute favorites. Take a journey back to the age of dinosaurs in a time machine truck. DINOSAUR includes stunning life-like audio-animatronics of ten different species of dinosaurs. I mean come on, where else can you get a selfie with a t-rex?

It's the perfect photo op for your snapchat story.

6. Pandora: Flight of Passage - Animal Kingdom

Soar across the sky on a Banshee's back in Animal Kingdom's latest attraction, Flight of Wonder. Guests will be shocked at the realistic depiction of the world of Pandora on this brand new venture.

You also get your own Avatar-- pretty sick, right?

5. Test Track - EPCOT

Get creative and design your dream automobile on this road-raging attraction. Riders can put their car to the ultimate test while reaching speeds up to 64.9 mph, which is one of the fastest out of all the attractions at Disney. We all know an angsty teenage driver who would love this ride. No speed limits here!

"My way, or the highway." In this case, it's the highway!

4. Expedition Everest - Animal Kingdom

Are you ready to discover the infamous Yeti? Expedition Everest is a towering mountain standing at one-hundred and eighteen feet tall. This ride is known for its large audio-animatronic sasquatch hidden towards the end of the ride. Tourists call it a “disco” yeti because the quick strobe lights flashing on the beast make it seem as though he is alive. Let's not forget zooming towards a broken track, an eighty-foot drop, and it goes backward!

Let's dance, Mr. Bigfoot.

3. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster - Hollywood Studios

Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster is surely the most rockin’ in Hollywood Studios. It is the only attraction at Disney World that goes upside down, three times! The band Aerosmith is running late to a concert and the tourists must quickly board a limo and race off. While passing the glowing signs and freeways of Los Angeles, the ride reaches speeds up to fifty-seven mph.

Same Steven, same.

2. Tower of Terror - Hollywood Studios

You are now entering the Twilight Zone. This spooky hotel holds the tale of guests who disappeared into the twilight zone after taking the elevator on a stormy night. Standing one-hundred and ninety-nine feet tall, TOT is amazingly intimidating. Even waiting in line is hype!

Pro Tip: Wait until after the ride to eat your Mickey pretzel.

1. Space Mountain - Magic Kingdom

This is by far the favorite mountain in the Magic Kingdom. Get this, it only reaches twenty-eight mph, but it feels like you are blasting through the air. Space also has the best sharp turns, sudden drops, and unexpected twists thanks to its complete darkness.

Hold onto your Mickey hats, kids!

So get your finsta ready everybody (just not on the rides please), because it's time for the vacation of your lifetime!