5 Musicals To Watch On Disney+ That Are Not 'Hamilton'

Just in case you want to change things up after rewatching the Broadway hit for the fifth time in a row.

1045
Disney

Let's be honest. Since "Hamilton" dropped on Disney+ on July 3, you've probably watched it five times already, maybe more. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Besides, what you do in the privacy of your own home is for no one else to judge; however, if you're looking to shake things up a little while still keeping within the theatrical genre, here is a list of five other musicals available on Disney+ that are sure to keep you entertained before you inevitably rewatch "Hamilton'...again.

1. "Newsies"

In this musical, homeless New York City newsboy Jack "Cowboy" Kelly (Christian Bale) befriends two brothers David (David Moscow) and Les Jacobs (Luke Edwards). When publisher Joseph Pulitzer (Robert Duvall) sets new rules that make it harder for the newspaper salesmen to make money, the boys go on strike. Bryan Denton (Bill Pullman), a journalist who's sympathetic to their plight, gives them some tips in public relations, as the newsboys' battle through hard times in the city.

2. "A Celebration of the Music from Coco"

This special event took place at the Hollywood Bowl and paid tribute to music of Pixar's "Coco." If the movie itself wasn't emotional enough to bring you to tears, Disney+ has given you a 60-piece orchestra for a whole new way to experience the music.

This special hosted by Eva Longoria and Benjamin Bratt includes many fan favorites from the Latin-American soundtrack that is sure to have you dancing on your feet or crying in your seat.

3. "The Sound of Music"

This musical is truly a classic. The tuneful, heartwarming story is based on the real-life story of the Von Trapp Family singers, one of the world's best-known concert groups in the era immediately preceding World War II.

Julie Andrews plays the role of Maria, the tomboyish postulant at an Austrian abbey who becomes a governess in the home of a widowed naval captain with seven children and brings a new love of life and music into the home.

The film runs for a total of 2 hours and 55 minutes, and in case you were wondering: yes, there is a built-in intermission for bathroom breaks and snack re-filling.

4. The Entire "High School Musical" Trilogy

If you're looking for something a little more up-to-date, why not watch the entire "High School Musical" trilogy? With three amazing films starring Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, and the rest of the gang, you'll have hours of music-filled entertainment to sing and dance along to.

It's a perfect series to bring back that warm feeling of childhood nostalgia or to introduce to your young siblings/kids for the very first time. Either way, it's sure to provide a good time for everyone.

5. "Encore!"

Can't decide which Broadway soundtrack to commit to? No problem! Kristen Bell's "Encore!" is the perfect solution for when you're not sure what you feel like listening to/watching.

Each episode reunites former high school classmates to re-stage the musical they once performed together. You'll be able to hear the music from "Grease," "Beauty and the Beast," and everything in between. The production is sure to hold your attention and keep you well entertained throughout.