10 Disney+ Movies To Relive Your Childhood With

Disney+ was nothing that we wanted, but everything we needed.

142

Disney released its streaming service last week and it has already reached over 10 million subscribers. Parents and kids alike can enjoy Disney+, and it's an epidemic among college students. With over 500 movies and 7,500 TV episodes, Disney+ literally has something for everyone. Disney knew what they were doing when they decided to give us all of our favorite movies in one place. Although it has every movie and TV show imaginable, the favorites among college-aged students are blasts from the past. With movies we grew up on right at our fingertips and final exams quickly approaching, Disney+ is taking over and we've only scratched the surface on their content vault. Included in this article is the master list for anyone who needs to feel nostalgic, crafted by a fellow Journalism student and myself.

"High School Musical" (1-3)

HSM

The "High School Musical" movies were instant classics even among kids who weren't in high school when it came out. It's always going to be a good time to "Bop to the Top" and see if you remember all the moves to "We're All In This Together." Also, you can rewatch the first one to get ready for the Disney+ original, "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series" The first two episodes are already out and it's shaping up to be a great show.

-Sophie

"Toy Story"

toy story

This summer the final movie in the "Toy Story" series came out, "Toy Story 4." It's about time we take a little trip down memory lane and visit Woody and the gang and see Andy as a kid again. Since the other three movies are on Disney+, you might as well watch them all, but I highly recommend starting from the beginning. You could even "reach for the sky," as Woody would say, and attempt to watch them all in one sitting.

"The Princess Diaries" (1 & 2)

the princess diaries

I'll be the first to admit I've always had this dream that my grandmother would reveal to me that I was the princess of a small European principality. While that's highly unlikely at this point, I can still feel a sense of Genovian pride for Anne Hathaway with "The Princess Diaries." Watching Mia try to juggle the responsibilities of being a normal high school student along with attempting to learn etiquette in a matter of days from her grandmother Clarisse is something that will never get old. Does it get any better than Julie Andrews mattress surfing in the second movie? Nope.

"Lemonade Mouth"

lemonade mouth

I feel like this movie was extremely underrated when it originally came out. Recently, however, I feel like I've seen a lot of people posting #JusticeforLemonadeMouth because it needs to be recognized for its greatness. The first time I heard, "We'll always be more than a band," I seriously lost it. Who let Disney Channel come for our hearts like that? Although we never got the sequel we deserved, the actors who played a huge part in our childhood went on to bigger and better things. Naomi Scott, the actress who played Mo, went on to play Jasmine in the live-action "Aladdin" remake and is starring in the new "Charlie's Angels" remake.

"Hannah Montana: The Movie"

hannah montana

This one was a given. I'm pretty sure this was the first movie that ever made me cry, at the ripe age of 9. I felt like I could totally relate to Miley having to decide between "The Best of Both Worlds" and my young heart ached for Travis. Watching this movie still gives me all the feels. Although the similarities are a stretch, I identify with Miley as she has lived a big city lifestyle and forgot her roots for a while. A lot of life has happened since Miley took a trip to Crowley Corners, but she's still Hannah Montana in the eyes of my generation.

"The Game Plan"

the game plan

"I'm allergic to thinnamin!" This movie is one of the only movies where Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is able to show his softer side, and it's a favorite among anyone who has seen it. Sports, hardship, and family is everyone's favorite trio! Truly a hidden gem from our childhood, "The Game Plan" is a must-see for all ages. It's a feel-good movie with an interesting plot and there's both comedy and football, which is hard to come by these days, especially done well.

"Princess Protection Program"

princess protection program

Who doesn't love Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato? And together? A dynamic powerhouse. "Princess Protection Program" is an amazing story talking about how strong female friendship can save lives. The scene where Carter is willing to sacrifice herself so Rosie doesn't have to? Ultimate tearjerker. But, it also has incredible real moments you don't typically see from girls, like when Carter teaches Rosie how to burp without having to be a lady about it. You see this type of scene from guy best friends all the time but rarely from girls.

"Camp Rock"

camp rock

When this movie came out, my friends and I were sure Disney had reached its cinematic peak. I think we even had a watch party. Another Demi Lovato classic, "Camp Rock" was a defining movie for my childhood. Mitchie taught me how to have a thick skin and not let other people bring me down. She was never afraid to showcase her talents, even when she felt scared to let her voice be heard.

"The Sandlot"

the sandlot

This is #9 on the list, but #1 in my heart. This is one of the few movies I can watch over, and over, and over again. I think every girl can admit that they had a crush on Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez at one point. There's a character for everyone on the boys' team of misfits and they're each unique in their own ways. If you don't like baseball, you can at least watch this movie solely for the iconic Squints and Wendy Peffercorn scene. A perfect coming-of-age film and a feel-good flick for all ages, "The Sandlot" will go down as a classic. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

"The Pacifier"

the pacifier

Vin Diesel and "The Fast and The Furious" may as well be synonymous, but let's not forget his 2005 cinematic masterpiece "The Pacifier." If you've never seen it, Vin Diesel plays a Navy SEAL named Shane Wolfe who is hired to protect a family after their father's death. The five children at first don't take to Shane very well, as the two eldest kids continuously play pranks on him. As the movie goes on, the kids see Shane as a father figure and are able to cooperate with him to save their own lives.