Disney Mom Sing Along

I’m A Mom And I Listen To Disney Music Alone In My Car

It's not as weird as it sounds

57
Amber LeBlanc
Amber LeBlanc

The other day I found myself putting my apple music on to Disney Radio. This was not an extraordinarily odd thing as I have two kids who love Disney music. The thing that was different about it was that I happened to be in my car alone.

media2.giphy.com

There are many reasons to jam out to Disney tunes. One of the reasons being music is important. No matter what the music it is can help you feel like a part of something and that you are not alone.

"He who hears music feels his solitude peopled all at once" Robert Browning.

As any mom can tell you, the solitude of a car ride without kids is a gift from heaven above. I am not exactly lonely when I manage to get out of the house without my kids. The other part of that is being alone is not always fun. I am likely to turn on the radio or pick from my playlist and let the tunes roll.

Another reason why Disney music is the right choice for a jam session, it is family friendly. I enjoy a good beat when it comes to my music, and often I pick Christian music. There are some songs when listening to regular radio they bleep out. They don't do that on Apple music. I do know when I pick the Disney music if I'm by myself or with kids, it's safe to listen to.

media3.giphy.com

It's also a happy reminder. The other day I was listening and here I go aging myself, but a Lion King song came on and it took me back to my childhood. Songs bring with them memories, good or bad. I could feel it when the song came on. It was different than a Frozen song, but it was a good different.

Music has always been important in my life. I have always been one to sing along with the songs and enjoy. The Disney songs are easy to sing along with. I remember the days of VHS tapes like old school karaoke. It reminds me of what it is like to be a kid. That in itself is carefree in its own way. I am able to shed the worries and the cares of being an adult for just a few minutes. Hakuna Matata, that's what they say. It means no worries. In this busy fast paced world, there are times when I need to relax and forget my worries. A Disney sing along helps me forget about my worries and my cares.

Don't tell my kids, because they would be jealous, but listening to Disney music in the car by myself is almost as cool as the trip I took to DisneyWorld without them. It's not just for kids anymore. Disney is for all ages, young and old. Pick your favorite Disney song and jam out. It will give you a piece of childhood you may have thought was missing. You may realize that you are forever young.