Top Disney Conspiracy Theories

Top Disney Conspiracy Theories

"I'm not crazy. My reality is just different than yours." -- Chesire Cat

2382
Top Disney Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy theories are interesting, and usually focus around world history or specific people in history. But have you ever read a conspiracy theory about some of your favorite Disney movies? Here are a few Disney conspiracy theories.

"Toy Story:" Andy's mom is Jessie's previous owner.

Let's start with the obvious: Andy's hat. Andy always wears a red hat when playing with Woody, but Woody's hat is brown. But when Jessie gets introduced in the second movie, we notice that her hat looks very similar to Andy's.

In the second movie, it is told that Jessie was given away by her previous owner Emily as Emily grew older. During this explanation in the movie there is a flashback that shows Jessie sitting on Emily's bed. In this scene there is also a hat similar to Jessie's on the bed. This hat looks exactly like the hat Andy wears, its just missing the fabric that wraps around it.

Here is how the conspiracy theory ties together. Andy's mom (in the movie) is never given a name. We know Jessie's previous owner is named Emily, but we aren't told what her last name is. The scene showing Jessie get packed away in a box never shows the hat being packed away with her. Andy's mom could have easily been the same Emily that gave away Jessie as she grew up, and she may have kept the hat in a box somewhere and eventually passed it onto Andy when he was a kid.

"Tarzan:" Jane is related to Belle.

If you are a Disney fan like me, you would know that Disney likes to put "Easter eggs" in their movies. In the movie 'Tarzan,' there is a scene where Terk is playing with some of Jane's belongings on a table.

Does that teapot look familiar? This tea-set could be an heirloom that has been passed on to Jane. Also, Jane's dress looks very similar to the gold dress that Belle wears from the iconic dance scene in 'Beauty and the Beast'. Belle didn't have a surname in the movie, so it is possible that her surname could have been Porter, just like Jane's. There is more to this theory that explains the link between the two, and we can sum it up in one word, 'Frozen.' Notice how the Duke from Weselton looks very similar to Jane's father in 'Tarzan.'

But how is a German Duke related to a French princess? According to publication dates, 'Beauty and the Beast' happened in the late or mid 1700s, while 'Frozen' is set in the mid-1800s. Between those two dates something very significant happened in history, the French Revolution. Prince Adam and Belle could have fled France and ended up in Germany. If you listen closely to the scene in 'Frozen', the Duke pronounces "Weselton" very differently than a native German would. The Duke is afraid of sorcery, which makes sense because his grandfather, Prince Adam, was cursed as a beast. But Jane is British, how does the Duke from Germany connect to England? The Duke could have gone to England during the Industrial Revolution, making him a pretty wealthy person, which would allow his grandson to be able to afford to travel on an African expedition. The Duke's grandson just so happened to take his daughter, who happens to own a very familiar family heirloom, a tea-set. Still confused? Basically this theory states that Jane Porter is Belle's great, great, great, grand-daughter.

"Aladdin:" Genie is the merchant.

This theory seems to be very popular, but lets look at the clues that make this seem believable. First off, Genie and the merchant are both voiced by Robin Williams (may he rest in peace). Also, the merchant is wearing clothing oddly similar to Genie. The blue robe and beard are a dead giveaway that the two are the same person. Besides that, what other clues make this seem plausible? First off, nothing in the movie ever says that Genie gets to keep his powers after being freed. Also, the scene at the end shows Genie giving Aladdin the lamp (which is basically useless now). Genie shakes Aladdin's hand, then the lamp disappears. But if Genie had the lamp at the end of the movie, how did the merchant get it? Easy, Genie is the merchant, and the entire story of Aladdin is told to try and sell the lamp to the buyer, which in this case is the audience watching.

"Up:" Carl died at the beginning of the movie.

Prepare yourself. In the movie Ellie dies and Carl is forced to move out of their home and into a nursing home. One theory suggests that after Carl is told to pack up his things and goes to bed that night, he passes away in his sleep. Everything from that moment on his just Carl's journey into the afterlife, which in this case is the waterfall. Russell would have been Carl's guardian angel. Russell was earning his last badge, which could also mean he is an angel earning his "wings." Yet Russell is a child, but this makes sense because Carl and Ellie could never had any children of their own, which explains why Carl almost "wished Russell into being". Then of course Carl ends up running into a man that brainwashes dogs into being evil, but that's besides the point.

"Finding Nemo:" Marlin was grieving the actual death of Nemo the entire movie.

I hope you have your tissues ready, because this one is a tearjerker. Let's start from the beginning, before Marlin's wife died and most of the babies were killed he seemed to be a pretty optimistic guy (I mean fish). Ironic how only one egg survived, exactly one. Some may be confused, how could the story of Nemo be fake? Marlin swam across the entire ocean for no reason then? It doesn't make sense! Lets get a little psychological for a second. People deal with grief differently, everyone does. But according to psychology there are five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, despair, and acceptance. Now let's connect these stages of grief to Marlin.

Denial: Marlin seems to be very upset that the barracuda has taken all of his eggs. This causes him to enter the grieving stage. Marlin cannot handle the fact that everything he loved is gone, therefore he invents Nemo as a coping mechanism. Also, in Latin the name Nemo means "no one."

Anger: As we see, Marlin is a very protective father towards Nemo and doesn't usually let him out of his sight. This causes the two of them to argue, which then leads to Nemo being kidnapped and the journey begins.

Bargaining: Marlin meets many characters in the movie who attempt to help him "find his son." Dory helps Marlin find Nemo, but not without Marlin bargaining for her help. Dory has short-term memory loss, which could be a metaphor for Marlin learning to forget the past.

Despair: Marlin eventually finds Nemo, but watches him get flushed down the toilet which causes him to suffer another heartache.

Acceptance: As we all know, Nemo and Marlin are reunited at the end of the movie. Marlin has made a friend in Dory, and he watches Nemo drift into the deep blue sea.

Hold up, what about Nemo at the dentist office and all of his adventures in the tank? Marlin could have easily created a scenario to keep Nemo alive in his mind.

Which theory did you find to be most interesting?