Old Disney Channel Songs That Are Still Great Today

11 Old Disney Channel Songs That Still Hold Up Today

It's time to bring some childhood nostalgia jams back!

205

Recently, my friend and I created a playlist entitled "Nostalgia," where we compiled Disney Channel and Nickelodeon songs from the late 90s and early 2000s.

It's been a huge joy re-listening to songs I had forgotten existed, but suddenly remembered I knew every word to.

And while many of these songs definitely should stay in the past where they belong, there are also a ton that definitely still hold up in 2019! Here are 11 of my picks.

1. "Burnin' Up" by Jonas Brothers

You didn't have an early-2000s American childhood if you haven't heard of the Jonas Brothers! And this might be controversial, but it is a fact that "Burnin' Up" is their most iconic song.

From their bodyguard Big Rob's rap break to Nick Jonas' epic "RED DRESS" echo, this song is perfection. I would gladly listen to this in this day and age.

2. "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus

Whether or not you grew up in this age of Disney Channel, "The Climb" is an objectively amazing song.

Miley herself even sings it to this day. She performed it on Jimmy Fallon just a year ago and everyone loved it as much as they did in 2009.

It's uplifting, with a pop-country sound that's still heard a lot today.

3. "Determinate" by Lemonade Mouth

"Lemonade Mouth" is by far Disney Channel's most underrated movie and this song is a JAM.

Inspiring Disney message? Check. Overdramatic performance? Check. Great chorus and beat? Hell yeah, I'm checking it!

4. "Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney

Do you guys remember this swishy-haired heartthrob? In his time, Jesse McCartney had swarms of fangirls materialize whenever he sang this song.

I could genuinely see this being on the radio today. If someone like Shawn Mendes or Justin Bieber wrote a song like this, I wouldn't think twice about whether it sounded "current" or not.

5. "Push It to the Limit" by Corbin Bleu

No joke, this is still my pump-up / motivational song! Everything from the dance moves to the beat of the song just screams "GET OUT AND DO THE THING," which is honestly the kind of motivation we all need in 2019.

6. "Strut" by The Cheetah Girls

I love me some girl power motivation! Lots of Cheetah Girls songs are great, but many sound more like 90s pop than current girl group pop.

But "Strut" has the message of confidence and go-getting of today's girl groups with a pretty modern beat. And the bit of Spanish at the end really makes it! It just makes me want to strut around Barcelona too.

7. "A Year Without Rain" by Selena Gomez & The Scene

I was never that into Selena Gomez's music (old and new), but this song is a bop!

If Selena released this today, I wouldn't bat an eye. It's romantic with that Disney pop sound.

8. "No One" by Aly & AJ

A singer-songwriter style song about finding yourself and helping others find themselves? Yes, please!

Let's not forget this "Ice Princess" treasure.

9. "I Don't Dance" by Corbin Bleu and Lucas Grabeel

So many people forget that "High School Musical 2" had a song/dance number between Chad and Ryan on a baseball field all about how Chad doesn't dance (which he literally sings as he's dancing), while Ryan says he can.

Besides the sick hip-hop beat, the song also has so many bisexual/gay undertones that it would probably work better in this day and age way more than it ever did in 2007. (Seriously, there is literally a line in the song that goes "I'll show you how I swing.")

This song is in my opinion the best part of the entire "High School Musical" franchise and it deserves to see the light of day again.

10. "Lovebug" by Jonas Brothers

The Jonas Brothers really knew how to make us swoon back in the day. And this soft, romantic song could definitely still hold up today.

11. "Worldwide" by Big Time Rush

Name a boy band less problematic than Big Time Rush. There are none! BTR made their name by being sweethearts with a cheesy but endearing TV show.

And we really need that kind of energy with boy bands these days. "Worldwide" is cute because it's about long-distance relationships and it still feels like a song boy bands today would sing.